The New Nikon D300

localguy

next month the new nikon d300 comes out i want to buy one in bangkok or chiang mai

what are good chops and where are the ( tlf nr )

i think about the problem i had in hong kong never knowing if you get original or not and world wide garanti

i hope someone can help me

I thought it wasnt due till next year, what do you mean by original?

many of the shops in hong kong are selling duplicates

and you dont see the difference

photobug in bangkok says the d300 comes in the and of november

I find it hard to believe that anyone could get close to duplicating a dslr

The D300, the D3 and a bunch of new lenses go on sale in November.

I inquired at Foto File and they say Thailand will have them several months later, even though they are made in Thailand.

Will the flagship D3 be made in Thailand too?

Edited by Nordlys

Maybe you mean a grey market or parallel import product, not imported by the local official Nikon importer. It happened to me here in Bangkok when I bought a Nikon camera and when I wanted to register it on Nikon's website, Nikon informed me that this was a grey market product and they would not allow me to download a manual in a different language.

Well, there are other websites where I was able to find the manual, but it's annoying. Nikon even accused me of having an "illegal" camera, which is absolutely not true and legally wrong. They emphasized, however, that the camera I bought had full factory warranty since it was a genuine Nikon product.

Maybe you mean a grey market or parallel import product, not imported by the local official Nikon importer. It happened to me here in Bangkok when I bought a Nikon camera and when I wanted to register it on Nikon's website, Nikon informed me that this was a grey market product and they would not allow me to download a manual in a different language.

Well, there are other websites where I was able to find the manual, but it's annoying. Nikon even accused me of having an "illegal" camera, which is absolutely not true and legally wrong. They emphasized, however, that the camera I bought had full factory warranty since it was a genuine Nikon product.

when i was in hongkong i was looking for a canon camera

in the first shop it was 20000 bath the next 15000 the next 10000 and in the end it was 6000 bath i almost bought it when someone came to me and told me please dont buy this here because its not real stuff

after that day im afraid to buy things like that over there

but im not here to discusse this things i yust want to know if and when the d300 commes and what it wil cost and where to buy

greatinga localguy

in the first shop it was 20000 bath the next 15000 the next 10000 and in the end it was 6000 bath i almost bought it when someone came to me and told me please dont buy this here because its not real stuff

but im not here to discusse this things i yust want to know if and when the d300 commes and what it wil cost and where to buy

greatinga localguy

I was recently offered a pair of Bose brand headphones that turned out were China made copies...

Amazing what is being copied there these days. I have been told many Nokia phones sold in Thailand are also China made knockoffs that really resemble the "real" thing.

greatinga localguy

I was recently offered a pair of Bose brand headphones that turned out were China made copies...

Amazing what is being copied there these days. I have been told many Nokia phones sold in Thailand are also China made knockoffs that really resemble the "real" thing.

there you go !!!

I am abit confused with this as Nikon camera`s are made in Thailand(granted some models)so does this still apply as a "Grey Import"?

• 2 weeks later...

Havn't seen any Nikon DSLRs on the vendor tables along Sukhumvit yet but would not be suprised if they are copying them as we speak.

The worlds most popular DLSR ever, would probably be worth knocking off.

They can duplicate a Rolex and have it go thru the delivery channels and retail for 10$.

Amazing.

If you worry about a warranty when purchasing grey market cameras Mack Cameras in the US sells worldwide extended warranties that will provide coverage for grey market items. A link to Mack's information page is below. I have seen an email from Mack on another forum stating they will cover grey market purchases from day 1. The person making the inquiry was from Belgium and had purchased his camera from one of the big US grey market importers. That importer apparently provides a Mack Warranty with the purchase which is what prompted the email.

http://mackcam.com/servicecontracts/search...t.php?cat_id=29

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

Copying a DSL, either Nikon or Canon is somewhat more complex than sticking a cheap movement in Rolex look a like case.

I agree. It would be difficult to copy a DSLR but not impossible.

It probably would retail for alot more that $10, more like $500.

Chinese R&D = Recieve and Duplicate.

So how much would it cost for a D300 body.. ?! :o

Don't know about Thailand but in EU (depending on country) between € 1,700 and € 2,000 (Baht 84,000 and 99,000), depending on which shop/internet website you buy at.

LaoPo

So how much would it cost for a D300 body.. ?! :o

Don't know about Thailand but in EU (depending on country) between € 1,700 and € 2,000 (Baht 84,000 and 99,000), depending on which shop/internet website you buy at.

LaoPo

this is what nikon send me

Thank you for contacting Nikon Asia Technical Support. Your case has been forwarded to us.

We will assist you from here.

D300 will be available approximately in this December, price isn't announced yet but should be about 70,000 Baht.

You can buy at our company opens from Mon-Fri 8.30-17.30 or

at our dealers shop as;

SUNNY CAMERA

1. New Road Branch Tel. 0-2235-2123, 0-2235-1044

[email protected]

2. MBK 3rd Fl Branch Tel. 0-2620-9293, 0-2620-9194

[email protected]

3. Silom10 Rd. Branch Tel. 0-2236-8365-7

[email protected]

4. Ladprao Branch Tel. 0-2511-3298

[email protected]

5. Central Pinklao 3rd Fl Branch Tel. 0-2884-8373, 0-2884-8375

[email protected]

Thank you once again for your support on Nikon Products. We hope that we have addressed your concerns.

Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Bought my D200 last year. Love it! I dont see that much of a change in the new model to run out and buy it, but if the wife can't live with out it, then I'll be first in line. I just wish the lenses werent so expensive. The local camera shop told me it will be in stock this weekend, but all are sold out. :o

went into Niks on Silom today the main Nikon supplier and they said will be out middle of next month, but with orders already in won't have one available until probably mid Jan, I was quoted the price would be 65,000 baht, about 7000 baht cheaper than the d200 when that came out and the new d3 will be about 179,000 baht

went into Niks on Silom today the main Nikon supplier and they said will be out middle of next month, but with orders already in won't have one available until probably mid Jan, I was quoted the price would be 65,000 baht, about 7000 baht cheaper than the d200 when that came out and the new d3 will be about 179,000 baht

i have orderd min for a month ago at niks

so i hope i dont have to wait

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/style_images...icons/icon1.gif

• 2 weeks later...
yes today i have the tel that my d300 is at the niks shop

so i wil be a happy man on monday when i get this monster machine :D

Lucky you... :D

Will be getting one next year when the price goes down as i also have to save up some money.. :D

:o

same here got to save a few pennies first, have sen some very good reviews for it though, so hopefully will be worth the wait