The New Nikon D300

localguy

yes today i have the tel that my d300 is at the niks shop

so i wil be a happy man on monday when i get this monster machine :D

Lucky you... :D

Will be getting one next year when the price goes down as i also have to save up some money.. :D

:o

same here got to save a few pennies first, have sen some very good reviews for it though, so hopefully will be worth the wait

i tell you all next week and send some pictures

About buying camera stuff in Hong Kong, getting gray market imports would be the least that would worry me. Hong Kong is so full of scam artists that I doubt anyone could buy something there without getting badly ripped off. The shop owners also treat you like trash. I wouldn't normally say things like this, but I had the dubious pleasure of experiencing all of this firsthand. In just a half a day of shopping, I was shouted at, kicked out of a shop, scammed, insulted, and cheated. This was from *different* shops. The shop owners seem to think nothing of treating tourists badly, since so many go there for shopping... no repeat business necessary. I know of another guy who only avoided being badly scammed by threatening to call a HK police sergeant that he knew.

Unless you're a very seasoned shopper and have done your research, Hong Kong should be on the bottom of your list to get electronics.

About buying camera stuff in Hong Kong, getting gray market imports would be the least that would worry me. Hong Kong is so full of scam artists that I doubt anyone could buy something there without getting badly ripped off. The shop owners also treat you like trash. I wouldn't normally say things like this, but I had the dubious pleasure of experiencing all of this firsthand. In just a half a day of shopping, I was shouted at, kicked out of a shop, scammed, insulted, and cheated. This was from *different* shops. The shop owners seem to think nothing of treating tourists badly, since so many go there for shopping... no repeat business necessary. I know of another guy who only avoided being badly scammed by threatening to call a HK police sergeant that he knew.

Unless you're a very seasoned shopper and have done your research, Hong Kong should be on the bottom of your list to get electronics.

yes i agreed with you

i went ti niks shop at silom next to the sofitel hotel

the service was the best ever nice people good english

even when i fore gath some papers the delivered this to my hotel

im very happy i didnt buy my d300 in hong kong

andreas

had to bite the bullet and splash out on one today as my d200 broke down on me again and need to take a lot of shots in next few days and wouldn't get d200 repaired in time, was looking to get one anyway, but just brought it forward a couple of months. Haven't really shot anything yet, but had a little play with it and the noise levels at high iso look to have been greatly improved, can't wait to really try it out tommorow

Edited by Tingnongnoi