Flight Schedules

farangconnection

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

See new operator for Buriram in addition to Nok Air.

http://www.happyair.co.th/

TBWG wai.gif

Rather ironic.....as 'Happy Air" folded up their tents before they even began operating one day! Sorry to hear....but, on the other hand - one should be instinctively suspicious regarding this type of fly-by-night airline. I'll stick with Nok Air anyway.

• 1 month later...

It wasn't too long ago that Thai Airways domestic, offered daily and twice-daily flights from a rather large routing network. As the years pass, they've either cut back substantially or discontinued all together from their once very broad network. It's sad, really.....as a number of 'regional' carriers have come and gone with only one solid domestic airline available for those mid-market locales. A number of places, that surely could support a route, throughout the country are today left with no scheduled flights.

It is sad that their is no air service for Udon, KK, Ubon, Burrim, Roi Et to name a few but if there was the number of customers as claimed on these routs an air line would be flying. Unfortunately there is not enough of a customer base to make these routes profitable.

It is sad that their is no air service for Udon, KK, Ubon, Burrim, Roi Et to name a few but if there was the number of customers as claimed on these routs an air line would be flying. Unfortunately there is not enough of a customer base to make these routes profitable.

I find this rather difficult to believe.....though, it might be realistic. I can imagine that the demand for air services within these markets might be as substantial as it was 10 years ago - even more so. Personally, I could lay blame on Thai Airways {domestic}. The steady flagship of all domestic carriers, as well as the political favourite of the transportation/aviation Ministry......restricting competition, routes, licensing, partnerships with 'other' domestic carriers, etc, etc. Outside of their clear and present corrupt activities for years and the fanciful international expansion - all which have basically broken the once proud airline - some could see a growing system of failure, as such services apply to incountry airline operations.

:huh:

Thai has 3 flights per day Bangkok/Udon/Bangkok.

Nok has 2.

Air Asia has 2.

See new operator for Buriram in addition to Nok Air.

http://www.happyair.co.th/

TBWG wai.gif

Rather ironic.....as 'Happy Air" folded up their tents before they even began operating one day! Sorry to hear....but, on the other hand - one should be instinctively suspicious regarding this type of fly-by-night airline. I'll stick with Nok Air anyway.

sorry but what are you talking about ?

they just opened new routes Phuket - NST and Phuket - Hat Yai.........

BTW,

there are flights to and from Isaan from Udon, Khonkaen, Nakhon Phanom, Sakon Nakhon, Buriram and Ubon these days....

Plus Solar Aviation as a new player in the market expected to start flying into LOEI again as well.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just flew from Bangkok to Roi-et on Nok Mini (May 10 2011). It was a nice flight left Bangkok Don Mueang airport at 08:00 and arrived in Roi-et at 09:15, right on schedule. The aircraft they use is a Saab 340B 34 seater, which is just about right for this segment. It was full today. The service is daily and priced at a reasonable price with taxes and everything the cheap fair is ฿1,990 and the regular fair ฿2,490. I figured the costs out and if they can keep the planes almost full they can make money at those rates, not a lot, but at least they will make money, so perhaps this daily service will last. It would be really nice if they added an early evening late afternoon flight. Oh one more thing is it ever nice flying out of Don Mueang, I would be a happy camper if I never had to use Suvarnabhumi airport again.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I see Nok have a flight schedule for Buriram up to end October, do they remain the only service to Buriram?

according to a leaflet i was given the other day from August 8th 2011untill 30 november Thai regional airlines will be flying into Surin from Don muang @ 7 am landing Surin @ 08-10 returning to BKK depart 08-40 landing 09-50, and to Buriram leaving Don muang @ 1500

landing @ Buriram @ 16-10 returning to Bkk @ 16-40 landing @ 17-50. www.thairegionalairlines.com (in Thai)

will also be flying to Petchaboon Fri/Sun

I see Nok have a flight schedule for Buriram up to end October, do they remain the only service to Buriram?

according to a leaflet i was given the other day from August 8th 2011untill 30 november Thai regional airlines will be flying into Surin from Don muang @ 7 am landing Surin @ 08-10 returning to BKK depart 08-40 landing 09-50, and to Buriram leaving Don muang @ 1500

landing @ Buriram @ 16-10 returning to Bkk @ 16-40 landing @ 17-50. www.thairegionalairlines.com (in Thai)

Interesting, CR.

Do you know who the parent company of Thai Regional Airlines might be.....??

Thanks for valuable the info CR, after a little discussion, to confirm other travellers, will try to book shortly and report back

Best wishes

Geo

Thanks for valuable the info CR, after a little discussion, to confirm other travellers, will try to book shortly and report back

Best wishes

Geo

unfortunately it did not happen yesterday there seems to be a delay in the start until later this month for some reason , i did here from someone that they are only 8 seat'er aircraft if any one speaks Thai there is a 24 hour number which will be able to give you more info Surin: 088-084-8341 (24 hours).http://www.thairegionalairlines.com/

Oooops I have 8 people travelling, I am trying to book for November, on line, as yet no luck with either TRA or Nok....I thought Nok to Buri Ram or Roi Et would be OK at a push, but direct to Surin would be even better..will keep trying, thanks for the update. If I eventually get booked I will let you know.

I booked Nok to Buri Ram, I prefer the larger plane as this is the first flight for the children so I don't want to risk them getting thrown about in a smaller plane and be put off flying!

For information final price per person, (excluding insurance, no additional baggage over 15kgs) 1990 baht (Nok Eco)

I think I recall an additional 100 baht can be paid in advance for heavy baggage as opposed to a 50 baht/kg for excess at the desk

Insurance is 65 baht a person

There should always be a caveat as it applies to Thai airline start-ups. As many of their reputations and history preceed them - operations, service, safety issues, etc.

Shouldn't be so gung-ho to jump on the banfwagon....initial caution should be in the forefront.

I wish them all the best wishes and hopeful for future endeavours, as there has always been a need to fill in the smaller Thailand domestic market - but most failed because of their incompetent business sense and indifference to service and safety.

well once again the flight failed to materialize this time they have mentioned a problem with the landing at the airport something they have to speak to the military about, one would have thought this would have been sorted before giving leaflets out stating the flight starting date

watch this space

Archived