BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limbo

Community Events in Chiang Rai

CHIANG RAI CULTURE AND TRADE SHOW : Starting on the 15th January - 22nd January , Location the OLD AIRPORT. Looking at the size of the Hanger size tents that have been erected it looks as though its going to be a big show.

Maybe I'll get bit for this. Maybe not. I need a good bite once in a while, anyway. Here is the link to Chiang Rai Focus, which is, as near as I can tell, the go-to place for the Thais in CR province for local news, products, discussions, maps and current events. I use Google Translate to translate the pages and it works pretty well for me. Pretty good site, really. If any of you follow it, you will likely find more things to post in this ThaiVisa thread and some others. My wife stays current with the CR Focus website, so I don't depend too much on this thread to keep me abreast of the current happenings.

http://www.chiangraifocus.com/

The site also has a free advertising section for those of you wanting to post ads targeting the Thai speakers in the area. That section won't translate as near as I can tell but your Thai partners/families should have no trouble entering ads. That section is near the bottom of the website.

Not being sure if this is allowed, I will hit the report button immediately after posting this and see if it remains here or not.

Pretty sure it's been discussed with links provided before.

I can't see ThaiVisa having a problem with it, it's hardly a competing website.

I guess I missed it previously. I know I have mentioned it in the forum but never saw a link posted. Anyway, we have it here again.

See the attached anouncement. My landlord has offered to reserve seats up front if I/we give him names in time to do so. If you are sure you will attend, then PM me your names and I will forward to him. You know as much as I do now but if you have questions I will ask him.:jap:

post-72121-0-10529200-1295340904_thumb.j

post-72121-0-76136800-1295340924_thumb.j

See the attached anouncement. My landlord has offered to reserve seats up front if I/we give him names in time to do so. If you are sure you will attend, then PM me your names and I will forward to him. You know as much as I do now but if you have questions I will ask him.:jap:

Anyone else attending?B)

I forwarded this information yesterday to another website and have just e-mailed the Hash group. Thanks for posting it up on here. P.S I've just realised I've been 'signed in' for days, is there a record to beat for stupidity?

Anyone else attending?B)

Two events related to Boomerang Adventure Park:

The first you may have already heard about: opening the first weekend of February, the 5th and 6th. 10 am until dark.

features: rock climbing, traverse climbing, tightrope walking, zip lines, frisbee golf, nearby short treks, outdoor restaurant with pizza and sandwiches.

- - - - - -

Solar Fair planned for 'Earth Day' weekend in April. April 22,23,24 (fri,sat,sun) - the weekend after Songkran. Featuring exhibits showcasing alternative energy, alternative building, alternative foods. Hands-on educational demonstrations and outdoor games as well.

Stall space for vendors available. Sample costs: 800 baht/day (with discount) for 12 square meter space. Details

Since you brought this to our attention, perhaps a little followup report to let us know how it went. ;)

Since you brought this to our attention, perhaps a little followup report to let us know how it went. ;)

You know better than me since you can understand Thai but if the target audience was (I hope) Thai ladies (married to falang) not the falang, then it was worthwhile. Nice room, nice lunch, well intentioned, well supported by staff. Q&A at the end was a communications exercise in futility for the English only speakers IMHO :ermm: .

Overall not sorry I went but I wished they had better explained the program beforehand. Would not have had to go back home to get a book to read.B) Saw a few new faces so that always helps.

The wife and I feel like we got something out of the program but we did show up late, just as they started in on a subject that we were interest in.

It was nice that they had tables at the back where you could ask specific questions and get more personal answers.

I agree that the English portion of the program was lacking and probably quite boring for you but it was on a par with what one should expect around here.

We learned something, had a mediocre free lunch with friends, and met some new people. I have had worse days and appreciate the governments effort, even if it fell a bit short for some of the farang members of the audience.

Lets hope they get better with practice.

A pictorial impression of some of the most beautiful cars of

the world visiting our province; more specificly Lamborghini's.

Those among us who drove for instance SAAB's many years ago will

remember that is was custom to flash your lights when you saw an

other one approaching. It was a kind of family feeling that united

the SAAB owners. A SAAB was not just a car. It was more like a

philosophy that you shared with others.

Nowadays it happens more often that owners of exclusive cars meet

each other in person to exchange views and to enjoy like-mindedness

in a relaxed atmosphere.

A little bit more than a year ago we saw a caravan of beautiful oldtimer

cars touring the province and happy landing in Maechan: Morgans, RR's, BMW's,

Alfa Romeo, VW Kharmann Ghia etc etc. Not so long time ago the Citroens passed

by on their Asia tour, the historical Traction Avants, the sensational DS and CX

and even Mehari's and, to no surprise, the unsurpassable Deux Cheveaux.

This time it were the Thai and foreign owned Lamborghinis that parked bumper

to bumper in Maechan. The Gallardos and Murcielagos were brotherly united.

A great delight for the eye of those who can appreciate beauty that originates

in and subsequently goes beyond functional design.

And in the ears of those who adore Wagner the sound must have been the equivalent

of the sirens in the 'Ride of the Valkyries', probably known to others from the

American movie 'Apocalypse now'.

Limbo :yohan:

. . . . . . . post-6305-0-22197900-1296524099_thumb.jp . . post-6305-0-15912600-1296524262_thumb.jp

. . . . . . post-6305-0-18368600-1296524232_thumb.jp . . post-6305-0-15713500-1296524194_thumb.jp

. . . . post-6305-0-35637500-1296524146_thumb.jp

Beautiful cars! It would have been nice if it were mentioned here BEFORE the event instead of after so that the riff-raff could have attended as well as the elite or, of it was invitation only which I imagine it was, we could have at least admired from a distance!

Beautiful cars! It would have been nice if it were mentioned here BEFORE the event instead of after so that the riff-raff could have attended as well as the elite or, of it was invitation only which I imagine it was, we could have at least admired from a distance!

Indeed, you are right, but it was a moving theatre and therefore difficult to predict in its details.

Just see it as the kind of news you are used to read in newspapers: Mostly it covers things that

already happened. You can't show pictures of new born princesses before they actually are born or of

lava streams before the vulcano actually erupted.

The event was organised in coöperation with EVO, so those concerned were informed. As you have presented

yourself several times in these columns as a passionate lover of sportscars it might be a good idea that

you make yourself known in this little world. Just contact them and introduce yourself and your 'wheels'.

Next time you might be invited to join a similar caravan yourself!

I hope to comfort you with some pictures of the Citroen Kuala Lumpur-Chiangrai-Bangkok tour, that enjoyed

a collective pit-stop in Maechan.

Limbo :yohan:

. . . . . . . . post-6305-0-65563500-1296788777_thumb.jppost-6305-0-43278800-1296788753_thumb.jp

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-0-61888300-1296788804_thumb.jp

citroen5.bmp

Off topic bickering posts have been deleted. This thread is not the place for sandbox behavior, thanks.