BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limbo

Community Events in Chiang Rai

I went to one of the four evenings of music last month. It might have been the same venue that Joel refers to as World Colors @ Chiangrai I believe it was put on by a farang named 'Todd.' I spoke with Todd on the phone, prior to the events. Nice fellow. The venue was at a large parcel by the river, alongside a college - by the bridge just east (downriver) of the main 'super hwy' bridge.

I chose the night which featured 'American music.' I didn't stay long enough to hear the featured music, as the sound system was too loud for the opening acts. The Hill tribe performances looked good (and I wanted to enjoy them), but the sound was so loud that the fidelity was abysmal and hurt my ears. I'm not saying this to find fault, but to hopefully offer a suggestion for improving future performances.

Note to organizers: If you hire a Thai crew to do the sound for the stage, they're going to crank up their equipment as loud as mechanically possible. Fidelity (quality of sound) seems to be an alien concept in Thailand. Even with earplugs, there would still be the grainy, poppy sound, even if the volume was muffled.

On March 31st there is going to be an "Open House' at Le Meridien resort. Open from 9am until 9pm, with free entrance. It is a 'one of a kind social and cultural event' in 'celebration of Chiang rai's 750th anniversary'. The event is being co-produced by Prataap Jai. The event will include a one day only art exhibition featuring many of CR province's most well- known artists, fashion show(S) org. by Chez moi, etc etc etc. All designed to showcase WHAT CHIANGRAI HAS TO OFFER.

Anyone going?

On March 31st there is going to be an "Open House' at Le Meridien resort. Open from 9am until 9pm, with free entrance. It is a 'one of a kind social and cultural event' in 'celebration of Chiang rai's 750th anniversary'. The event is being co-produced by Prataap Jai. The event will include a one day only art exhibition featuring many of CR province's most well- known artists, fashion show(S) org. by Chez moi, etc etc etc. All designed to showcase WHAT CHIANGRAI HAS TO OFFER.

Anyone going?

I'm going - am scheduled to do a solo set of music mid-afternoon. Planning oldies, motown, blues.

Heard it's a free event. Fashion show later on (I'm not one of the models, sorry).

Community Events! Well... sorry to say there will be no more community events at Prataap Jai (which is now for sale) in the classifieds section of Thai Visa. But we are planning on maintaining a community calendar. I don't know if this is the kind of thing that gets removed from Thai Visa or not, but if you know of any events coming up in Chiang Rai feel free to upload them to the Prataap jai event calendar on our website. We will post both Thai and Expat based events in the province. Thanks all and a second thanks to all those who came out to see Prataap Jai's Outdoor Gallery at Le Meridian Chiang Rai's Open House. If anyone has any feedback about the event feel free to send me a line and I will see it gets to LMCR.

A.

Community Events! Well... sorry to say there will be no more community events at Prataap Jai (which is now for sale) in the classifieds section of Thai Visa. But we are planning on maintaining a community calendar. I don't know if this is the kind of thing that gets removed from Thai Visa or not, but if you know of any events coming up in Chiang Rai feel free to upload them to the Prataap jai event calendar on our website. We will post both Thai and Expat based events in the province. Thanks all and a second thanks to all those who came out to see Prataap Jai's Outdoor Gallery at Le Meridian Chiang Rai's Open House. If anyone has any feedback about the event feel free to send me a line and I will see it gets to LMCR.

A.

Very sad to see you couldnt make a go of it.

I really wanted to go to some of your things but it is a bit difficult for me. I hope things work out better with whatever you manage to find to do.

A.

Glad to see you will still be around CR.

Is this a "community event"? They're out protesting again, this time at the "new" airport, protesting the rapidly increasing cost of living. Wonder if they'll keep voting for their purported "heros" Mr T and Younger Sister?

Also, anyone else notice that when the flooding emptied Big C and Tops Super of packaged goods, Taan PiiRiiya opened several new stores full of goodies? Considering recent rains, I'd say getting ready to stock up is a good idea! I sure miss Tops Super Appy Plaza; the one by Edison sells hardly anything, the one at Central/Robinson, well, at least it has some good fresh stuff... (while adding to our cost of living increases).

They did a good job and the food was great.

I know it is painful but could you part with a little more information?wink.png How was the turnout and who did you sit with? What did they serve? Would you go again?

During Songlan I found it very difficult to find out who was organising the events in Chiang Saen - who does this?

So where do folks go to read about the events in town? We saw the sunday bicycle club rolling by...but they must be listed somewhere....

Banners over and along the streets are the best source of information.

And mouth to mouth.

Limbo.

Does anyone know if the cycling group is still happening? Any more info available?

Ta