BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limbo

Community Events in Chiang Rai

Farm Festival on the Hill, Singha Park, Nov 13-17

The five-day festival includes a farm tour (from 10am-4pm), beer garden surrounded by hills, concert in a tea field, loy krathong celebration, market selling fresh produce and international restaurants. Concert tickets are available at the door. Don't miss Singha Mountain Bike Thailand Open 2013 on Nov 16th

Singha Park, Boon Rawd Farm, 99 Moo 1, Ban Mae Korn, Chiang Rai

Farm Festival on the Hill, Singha Park, Nov 13-17

The five-day festival includes a farm tour (from 10am-4pm), beer garden surrounded by hills, concert in a tea field, loy krathong celebration, market selling fresh produce and international restaurants. Concert tickets are available at the door. Don't miss Singha Mountain Bike Thailand Open 2013 on Nov 16th

Singha Park, Boon Rawd Farm, 99 Moo 1, Ban Mae Korn, Chiang Rai

Worth a visit anytime but even better when they put on an event.

Rai+Boonrawd++001.jpg

Our very own football team, Chiang Rai United (Thai Premier League, TPL) kicks off the season at there stadium near international airport. Games are exciting and the beer is cold. We have a new line up of outstanding players and have a coach that is second to none . Now we see how Buriram and Bangkok teams do against us now.

post-42806-0-44896300-1392418345_thumb.j

Thanks for the mention of the football/soccer game. I've never been to a professional one. May give it a go tomorrow. There are a couple young volunteer worker guys staying at my place, a Slovakian and a Russian. I'll see if they want to go also. Sounds like fun.

Richard Barrows twitter today has some nice aerial shots of him ariving over Chiangrai. It seems there is a Zip Line at the Singha place south of town which got a shot and there is a mention of a Mountain Bike event so now we know why VF has been practicing hard all year. Of course as that is near the earthquakes you may get shaken a bit on the zip linesmile.png

This topic is a little outdated. Anything coming up in Aug?

The Queen's Birthday is in August.smile.png

That has gone...but the sun will set tonightsmile.png

Events made by yourself are the best one. Where and when is the party cgphucket.

If I knew there is this forum, there is a Blessing Chiang Rai this evening .. but it's already finished.

Up coming will be the Triathlon of CRICS.

Looks lik there is this monthly picnic at the Singha Park.

U might find the flyers at Doi Chang opp. the CR 1st church :>

Farm Festival at Rai Boon Rawd 2014 will be from the 26th to 31st of November.

Farm Festival at Rai Boon Rawd 2014 will be from the 26th to 31st of November.

Directions to it? thanks. Is 'Rawd' a tap sap for 'road' ?

note: 'tap sap' is a Thai word for 'Thai word taken from another language', like guest house or clinic or rim.

'Rot mae' (Thai word for bus) is also a tap sap. 'Rot' is the Thai word for vehicle. If you look at the Thai spelling, there's a silent 'L' at the end of 'mae', indicating the word came from 'mail'. It would fit that the first buses Thais ever saw were mail trucks.....

In a round-about way, the Thai word for cat, 'meow' is also a tap sap.

I've put together a compilation of tap sap (several hundred) but I can't mention its details here because of forum rules banning self-promotion.

Where would the world be without creative self-promoters, artfully skirting the rules and thumbing their noses at authority? I am assuming you do indeed know where Rai Boon Rawd is, considering how long you have lived here, but needed an opener for the other bit.