BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limbo

Community Events in Chiang Rai

only celebretion for The king at Mae Fah luang university on th 9th June...

So what is the program? What time, please?

start from very early morning to offer food for 109 monks .after they will do some buddhism ceramony or pray something like that. nothing interesting much (for teens) i think...

start from very early morning to offer food for 109 monks .after they will do some buddhism ceramony or pray something like that. nothing interesting much (for teens) i think...

Yes, but what about the following?

1000-1400 Staff’s and faculty’s cleaning of their office areas

(any volunteers to help unknown_user?)

1930-2200 MFLU students’ performances, at the Queen Sirikit’s 72nd Anniversary Gymnasium

Limbo :o

Dr.Lim.. i really have no idea what is goin on in the gymnasium...bad communication (announcment in Uni....thats what i can feel) but i hope they still let me play tennis at tennis court at that day too...:o

Coming Saturday, the 17th June at 19.00, Dr. Kobchai Jitsakula will preside over the opening of the photography exhibition 'Snappers' at 9 Art Gallery/Architect Studio.

Dr Kobchai is the President of the Alliance Franco-Thai Chiang Rai.

The exhibit will show the works of 7 artists: Sompong Sarasap (painter), Tinnakorn Nugul (art teacher at the Alliance), Auttakit Pankaew (music teacher at the Alliance), Adisorn Srisaowanunt (architect), Lance Frederick (who most of us will know as the Director of the AUA), Patthamapon Niyomphan (art teacher Sammakhee Wittayakom) and Chanon Nonthawasee (graphic and web designer).

Khun Lance is an artist too? surprise..... too bad i still cant go anyway.. not feeling so well and strong enough to go..even for my classes BOOHOO

Coming Saturday, the 17th June at 19.00, Dr. Kobchai Jitsakula will preside over the opening of the photography exhibition 'Snappers' at 9 Art Gallery/Architect Studio.

So Dr Limbo, where is 9 Art Gallery ?

If I find I would like to go! (if not the Hash has taken all my power)

svenivan

So Dr Limbo, where is 9 Art Gallery ?

If I find I would like to go! (if not the Hash has taken all my power)

svenivan

We all know where the statue of King Mengrai is, namely at Hiyek.

9 Art Gallery/Architect Studio is at the superhighway about twohundred meters north from Hiyek.

So it is about twohundred meters more close to Maesai than the statue :D .

You will see a lot of people standing or sitting on the pavement, of which most will be holding a glass. You will see musicians as well.

The gallery is situated behind these people.

The owners and managers of the gallery, Khun Sompong and Khun Saowannee, are pioneers of the art scene of Chiang Rai. Their professionalism is a guarantee for a very open and relaxed atmosphere.

If you are coming straight from the Hash I am sure that this will be accepted as an excuse for missing the speeches. And I am also absolutely sure that Lance will be prepared to give you a short expose of what has been said.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the khosana Limbo. We had a great turnout of artists and people from the community, farang and Thai alike. Thanks for the support everyone. Some of us are starting, some have been doing for years, but never had the guts to reveal. I think it's given confidence to us all and I personally appreciate all the comments given me on Saturday. Good, bad or otherwise. Always room for improvement. It's inspired me to get my SLR out of storage for the past two years. I miss film.

Cheers everyone.

CRG

Some of us are starting, some have been doing for years, but never had the guts to reveal. I think it's given confidence to us all and I personally appreciate all the comments given me on Saturday. Good, bad or otherwise. Always room for improvement.

Yes, exhibiting your work is like exposing one self.

Exciting and horrible at the same time, but 'giving' as well.

Eberybody is invited to experience this special feeling by participating in the Chiang Rai Forum exhibition! See the topic concerned.

Yeaterday I went to look at the 9 Art Gallery/Architect Studio exhibition again, in all quitness.

Very fine work indded!

The exhibition lasts until the 6th of July. Worth an inspiring visit.

Yesterday was Asalabucha day here, which is a Buddhist holiday.

Today is the start of Buddhist lent and also a holiday.

People will be taking lots of candles to their local temple and if you go to the old jail/park their is a procession with lots of floats and beautiful designed candles.

Worth a visit, but as usual we get this information far too late.

http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/7153/phasa.htm for more information.

Rock concert with 'Caravan'!

As far as I know one of the most famous groups of Thailand.

Started in the seventies together with 'Carabau'.

Both groups came with songs which were critical about the social structure of Thai society, but 'Caravan' was more political oriented.

Their idea was to go out from Bangkok to the country side to 'enlighten' the rural population.

So their caravan hit the road. This was the origine of the name they chose.

Within the military and the police there were some officials who considered this caravan to be a threath to national security and they did everything they could to sabotage them.

They got blacklisted and their songs could not be heard on the radio anymore.

Anyhow, they wrote music-history.

I don't know much about music, but I think you would call it country and folk :o

Limbo :D

Chiang Rai, Friday July 28 at eight (read nine) o'clock:

Concert of Ed Carabau next to The Mantrine Hotel opposite of Big C.

There are two open air restaurants, The Star and the other one next to it, which name I don't know.

One table for four persons is 1500 Baht, including a bottle of good whiskey.

A must for everybody who likes 'pur chivit' music.

Bring your buffalohorns and you might get a discount.

Limbo :D

Sometimes information comes very late, for many of us even too late.

Here are some examples:

Tomorrow, Saturday 19 August is the last day of the science exhibition at the Mae Fah Luang University.

The day after tomorrow, Sunday 20 August is the last day of the Asian Cartoon exhibition (organized by the Japan Foundation) at the Culture Centre of the Rajabhat University.

In this exhibition 8 leading cartoonists from 8 Asian countries have put their keen wit into 80 cartoon works depicting the IT situations in their respective nations, for your bemusement and enjoyment.

We generally see cartoons as a way to ventilate criticism of public persons or politics in a common acceptable way. The cartoonist took over the old role of the jester.

Even 'victims' of cartoonists are often proud to be choosen by a famous cartoonist to be rediculized. Secretly they put some copies in their drawer for their grandchildren.

Most cartoons in this exhibition are not really exciting (the theme doesn't give much space to it) and surprise seldomly.

The gallery (after entering the Rajabhat campus first street to the left and after about fivehundred meters at your right) is however worth a visit, especially if you combine it with a visit to the beautiful Mae Fah Luang Garden which is next to it.