Isaan Baht And Sold

baht&sold

If you're currently enjoying the gravitational pull in Isaan and know any places where expats spend any time in the region, which 'may' like to display the National freebie baht&sold paper, kindly post or pm.

Like to get more involvement from Roi Et, Buriram, Surin, Ubon, etc, etc.

Thx all, daniel

http://www.bahtsold.com

:o

PS: If you'd like to offer an article specific to Isaan, pls contact

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, free copies will be available at Etienne's Europe Guest House, Restaurant 345,

and Sevens Corner in Khon Kaen and Up2U bar in Bandung, Aussie pub, Eagle Bar, Thomas Resort and FBI Real Estate in Udon, as well as main hotels in Korat. thx

• 3 months later...
Btw, free copies will be available at Etienne's Europe Guest House, Restaurant 345,

and Sevens Corner in Khon Kaen and Up2U bar in Bandung, Aussie pub, Eagle Bar, Thomas Resort and FBI Real Estate in Udon, as well as main hotels in Korat. thx

How about as promised farang connection in Surin......I'm still waiting :o:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
[is there any in Ubon? havent saw so far :o  :D

None in Ubon (yet) pls just pm a business address and consider it done.

Also, I can confirm Dec copies finally arrvd at the farang connection in Surin and

in the Feb issue, there will be a 'Surin Update' courtesy of same. many thx :D

Hmm, UDON Harry's bar on ring road has been a favorite for many years, great steak, friendy folks and a few cuties working in it. TJ's good burgers and a the best American breakfast in town, great chilli and some homemade pies, strictly a small family style eatery and has been here for decades.

Enricos has been around for years for Italin food, but recently opened an up scale Italin resturant as well a a steak house in the robinson's complex.

In the complex across from Robinsons is a ton of new farrangs bars, in the interior section, a gift from Cobra Gold last year I expect.

The hotel bakery located not to far from robinson, has nice rooms, inexpensive rooms and as the name implies, a fresh bakery for breads, and mainly english derserts. Also a reaturant and bar.

Thats it for me I spend most of my time in Thai places, just seem to have more fun there

Hi Ray. We do send 'em up to FBI real estate every month and to the guys at Udon Map. I hear they drop some off at Harry's but I'll have to follow up on the others. Thanks for the heads up, appreciated.

Here's the Jan Udon brief from our friends at Udonmap.com (it's designed to let us who live outside Udon know what's on offer, so forgive us if it's nothing new to you guys)

-------

Get away from the stresses of Bangkok life and visit Udon Thani and Nong Khai.

Now serviced by Air Asia, Nok Air along with Thai Airways, you have 9 flights daily with an additional chance to go to Chiang Mai from Udon by Phuket Air 4 times weekly.

Udon has been expanding in a big way for the expat community in the last few years with an ever increasing selection of quality new homes being built. In the last year UP2U, Aussie Pub, Horseshoe Bar and The City Cafe have established themselves to compete with the long running and popular Harry’s Bar and Steve’s Bar. If anyone has ideas of a pub crawl, best check Udonmap.com first for the most suitable route!

-Tungsi Muang Festival Photos & brief here-

New trendy Thai bars are also adding extra spice to Udon at night with Little Rock Disco being the latest addition. Mambo Disco and Mr. Tong’s Bar are still going strong.

Udon Thani has 2 modern Ten Pin bowling alleys, a Majorplex Cinema Complex, Horse Racing Course and near Nong Khai, an 18 hole golf course. There are four 9 hole golf courses around Udon for the lesser experienced.

Enjoy your stay here and hope you will come back again and again, not least for the delicious Isaan food!

------

And the Jan Korat Post brief:

The January 2005 issue of the Korat Post will have an article titled, Taking On The Giant Killer…on newsstands and online after the New Year.

Why ‘Giant killer?’ Korat has a reputation among Thais as the Giant Killer when it comes to challenges facing business operators who try to come into the city to set up.

Read why soon. www.thekoratpost.com

-photo giant killer here-

We first heard the phrase Giant Killer as applied to Korat from Wes at the Big Chili on the evening of 19 December 2004 during an interview.

Wes and Lek, who operate the business, have been smiling lately, and it’s not just because of the normal 50% more business influx from joint military exercises in Gateway City. As Wes says, “We are getting customers coming in from the Royal Princess and Sima Thani now.”

As Wes mixes me up one of the famous margaritas that the owners are known for making, I continued with the interview, learning more and more about the people of Korat even after being here for decades. “They’re very picky.”

As the Blue Pavilion formerly known and operated as the Blue Sky also found out, Korat patrons are indeed picky. They like good food and will frequent places that serve it. And like a hot potato, they’ll drop any place that fails to pass the taste test.

The nail in the coffin will be “Mai aroi!” No matter how well decorated, no matter how good service is, the taste counts first and last.

Drive through the city at night and see. Occasionally you’ll find a sidewalk shop crammed with customers every night. That’s where the food is “aroi.” Possibly the best place in northeast Thailand for sticky rice and barbequed chicken? Mukdaharn.

Stay in touch, email: ethics AT loxinfo.co.th

-----

daniel

Edited by bahtandsold

How about as promised farang connection in Surin......I'm still waiting :D:D:D

:o anything like regular meetings at the farang connection - for those living not in town, but around 30 to 50 km? would be nice to know you can meet people about once a wek/month!