Bib Rounds Up Working Birds On Beach.

britmaveric

Suspected Prostitutes arrested on Pattaya Beach.

20_10_2_2.jpg

Police Sergeant Major Songtum from Pattaya Police Station conducted an operation on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Saturday Morning to round-up suspected Prostitutes operating on Pattaya Beach. These regular operations are taking place following complaints from Tourists and Tour Operators who complain about incidents which take place on Pattaya Beach relating to these illegal beach workers. On this night a total of 48 women were arrested and taken to the Stationhouse for processing and each woman paid a small fine before their release. Predictably the women made their way back to the beach in an effort to recoup the money they had just paid out for the fine.

-Pattaya City News

19 Oct 2007

So does this mean that fining them will make the problem worse?

In the real world the police would have to prove that they are prostituting themselves in order to arrest them. How do they justify picking up girls standing around looking pretty.

In the real world the police would have to prove that they are prostituting themselves in order to arrest them. How do they justify picking up girls standing around looking pretty.

same thing happens in samui ,when the police need money they round up the girls and ladyboys and fine them a couple of hundred baht ,when they are released there straight back there for more.

Well they are hardly there sunning themselves in the early hours of the morning are they?

Loitering with intent to commit prostitution would cover it.

Well they are hardly there sunning themselves in the early hours of the morning are they?

It's a good thing you're not a law maker.

Loitering in the early morning hours is what people do in Pattaya. It's a loitering kind of place.

Sometimes my GF sits on the benches along the beach with me in the early hours. I suppose they would probably take her away too in a sting. Would I have to prove at the police station that she is my GF?

Edited by tropo

It's a good thing you're not a law maker.

Loitering in the early morning hours is what people do in Pattaya. It's a loitering kind of place.

Sometimes my GF sits on the benches along the beach with me in the early hours. I suppose they would probably take her away too in a sting. Would I have to prove at the police station that she is my GF?

With all due respect there is a slight difference between 48 women lurking on the beach for the purposes of prostitution and you sitting on a bench with your girlfriend.

With all due respect there is a slight difference between 48 women lurking on the beach for the purposes of prostitution and you sitting on a bench with your girlfriend.

There's not much difference really. If you sit down there for awhile you'll notice that many of the girls are sitting down on the benches talking to guys in an attempt to drum up business. To an outside observer (a cop), why would my GF sitting next to me appear any different to a working girl sitting next to a potential customer? Due to the crack down over the last year most of the girls make a concerted effort to remain low key, so who's working and who's not is subjective at best.

I doubt there is any law against girls hanging around there. They just made a policy to round them up and fine them. It's hardly likely that any of them will take the council or police to court to contest a 200 baht fine so they get away with this injustice.

As I said, in another more just world things could be different, but TiT.