Blackberry Internet Settings?

Carmine6

Can anyone tell me their phone's internet settings, and on which provider? I have a BB 8320 Curve which is not available in Thailand, but the 8800 is, which should have the same settings.

I would also expect that they would be the same for other phones like Nokias, so maybe that info would be helpful as well.

I looked at the AIS settings on my Razr and all that's there are:

Homepage: http://wap.mobilelife.co.th

Service Type 1: HTTP

Gateway IP1: 203.170.229.34

Port: 8080

APN: WAP

This website http://www.pinstack.com/carrier_settings_apn_gateway.html shows different settings. I believe I only have to change the APN to get it to work with a local sim, but just want to be sure.

I don't need push email service, I just want to drop in a local sim and be able to connect to the internet and hopefully tether my laptop while traveling. I can bring my Razr and just use that, but I'd rather not bring 2 phones.

Thanks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Blackberry service requires a blackberry account with your provider; without it all you have is a phone. No GPRS/Edge functionality without a blackberry plan.

Well, ignoring this issue, can anyone provide the APN from some form of smartphone so I can give it a shot? Per a BB forum here, a third party browser such as Opera may work, as may Google apps. The BB browser will not and neither will BB mail or anything that has to go through them. But I'm not trying to be instantly reachable, just want to check email once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Just updating. Using my 1 1/2 year old 12Call sim card and an unlocked Blackberry Curve 8320, the Blackberry browser does work. The OS I have is 4.2.2.180. The 4.2 series devices (Curve, Pearl, 8800 series) are more consumer friendly so they may have made it less restricted. This phone also has wifi capability so maybe building that in freed up something. Whatever the situation, the built in browser works.

Settings that worked are browser set to the AIS Wap, TCP set to "wap", and emulation mode on the browser set to "Openwave (WAP)"

Had to reboot to get it to work, and its not any kind of Blackberry plan with email. However, being able to check email with the phone saves trips to the internet shop every few days. I supplemented this with a plan from my provider with unlimited emailing for a prorated $20/month.