Hypnosis Is Best Way -

Tammi

I did self-hypnosis. Side effect is that I go loose immediately I hear the word 'relax'!

Reported October 24, 2007

Want to Quit Smoking? Try Hypnosis

(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- Hypnotherapy may be a better way to stomp out cigarettes than other smoking cessation methods, according to new research.

Researchers from North Shore Medical Center in Salem, Mass., compared the quit rates of 67 smokers who were hospitalized with a cardiopulmonary condition. All patients were approached about quitting smoking and all said they wanted to do so. Patients were split into four groups upon leaving the hospital. One group received hypnotherapy, one group received nicotine replacement therapy, a third group received hypnotherapy and nicotine replacement therapy, and a fourth group said they wished to quit on their own.

After 26 weeks, 50 percent of people who received hypnosis alone and 50 percent of those who received hypnosis along with nicotine replacement therapy had successfully quit smoking. That was compared to just 25 percent in the “cold turkey” group and 15.78 percent in the group that received only nicotine replacement therapy.

Researchers report people who were admitted to the hospital with a heart condition were more likely to quit smoking than those who were admitted to the hospital with a lung condition.

Faysal Hasan, M.D., from North Shore Medical Center, was quoted as saying, “Patients admitted with coronary symptoms may have experienced ‘fear and doom’ and decided to alter a major health risk to their disease when approached about smoking cessation. In contrast, pulmonary patients admitted for another exacerbation may not have felt the same threat. They likely felt they can live for another day and continue the smoking habit.”

Dr. Hasan adds, “Hypnotherapy appears to be quite effective and a good modality to incorporate into a smoking cessation program after hospital discharge.”

SOURCE: Presented at CHEST 2007, the 73rd annual international scientific assembly of the American College of Chest Physicians in Chicago, Oct. 20 - 25, 2007

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its strange, it seems everybody has different reactions to hypnosis. i went for smoking cessation and it worked perfectly. others go and it doesnt work.. its all down to how professional the therapist is and whether you have a good relationships with him otherwise you done really relax. thats what they say anyway :o

are you still on the dreaded weed?