Non-imm B Multiple Entry In Penang, What Are The Documents Required?

Hi Everyone,

I am going to Penang to get a new Non-Imm B Multiple Entry Visa, current one expires next week and I have a valid work permit and have been paying tax since starting work in June 2007.

1) What are the required documents that I need to bring personally for the new visa?

2) What documents should I get from my company for the new visa?

3) Anyone know how long it takes in Penang from start to finish, 2 days, 3 or more?

4) Any good hotel at a reasonable price close to the Thai consulate?

5) Should I get help with my application or do it by myself, if I should get someone, anyone know of a good company (tel and contact details)?

Appreciate all responses and advice,

Canadian in bangkok

If the non - b in your passport expires next week, you can do a regular visa run to Cambodia and squeeze another 90 days or so out of it as long as you do it before it expires. My actual non - b expired 2 weeks ago but I did a run 3 weeks ago so now it is good to around December 20. I plan to go to Penang around December 10.

My understanding is there may be different requirements depending on what you do for work. My advise is to check with a place like Sunbelt Asia and explain what you do, where you work, is it your own company and so on. Making a run down and discovering you don’t have the right stuff for your needs can entirely ruin you day and several following it.

As for rooms there are several threads with recommendations, just search penang rooms.

Hi John,

Work permit is for software developer, it related. I have already done the extension just before expiration in August, so need to get this done next week. Appreciate if anyone has some more details regarding the documents needed.

Canadian

If you are an employee then your employer should know. Like I said everyone is different. Mine is based on my own business/practice here. I don’t need things like photos of other employees and so on. There are several shades of grey here, so again ask the pros at Sunbelt. Some of the rules changed October 1 so..... get the latest. Sunbelt can do your papers if you want.

First (and most important) if the Enter Before date on your Multiple Entry Non Immigrant B Visa is still in the future, then just go to the border and you will get another 90 day stamp as John K says. You can then renew your Work Permit for another 90 days and remain and work legally until that next entry stamp expires, when you can reapply for another non B visa.

At this point you then could look at the option of a visa extension via immigration in Thailand - which would save you making any more visa runs

I am going to Penang to get a new Non-Imm B Multiple Entry Visa, current one expires next week and I have a valid work permit and have been paying tax since starting work in June 2007.

1) What are the required documents that I need to bring personally for the new visa?

2) What documents should I get from my company for the new visa?

3) Anyone know how long it takes in Penang from start to finish, 2 days, 3 or more?

4) Any good hotel at a reasonable price close to the Thai consulate?

5) Should I get help with my application or do it by myself, if I should get someone, anyone know of a good company (tel and contact details)?

Appreciate all responses and advice,

Canadian in bangkok

1) 2) Penang are currently issuing 1 year Multiple Non-Immigrant B Visas, if your paper work is correct. The list of requirements for a non Immigrant B visa are at the following link to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

You will see in the link that both Work Permit and Invitation Letter from the Ministry of Labour are listed. Obviously you have a work permit, so you don't need to worry about the Invitation Letter mentioned which is a slip of paper (kind of receipt) that you get from Labour when you first apply for a workpermit.

3) If you submit your application at the Thai Consulate before 12:00 am on a weekday then you can pick it up after 2:00pm the following weekday (i.e. not open Sat & Sun plus national holidays).

4) The consulate is in a residential area and there are no hotels or business facilities nearby. A taxi from George Town costs 12 Ringit there and the same again back. There are already many recommendations on this site for hotels, depending on your budget.

5) There are a number of agents in Chulia Street in George Town who, if you are sure about your paperwork, can expedite your visa application for a fee not much more that the taxi fare there/back twice.

Hope this helps

One note on Thai government websites, they are not kept up in realtime particularly when they need to translate it to English from Thai. They could easily be a week or more out of date. I know places like Sunbelt are in phone contact with the government daily. As volatile as the situation is now in Thailand with the Thais seemingly changing their minds weekly, it’s your choice where you want to get the latest information from.

There certainly are regular shifts in position on matters of Thai Immigration, not to mention 'movings of the goal posts'; that is why many people study this forum carefully to look for any signs or notice of change.

One note on Thai government websites, they are not kept up in realtime particularly when they need to translate it to English from Thai. They could easily be a week or more out of date. I know places like Sunbelt are in phone contact with the government daily. As volatile as the situation is now in Thailand with the Thais seemingly changing their minds weekly, it's your choice where you want to get the latest information from.

Certainly you can never be too careful and it always worth double checking that 'facts' really are facts.

I obtained another 1 Year Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant B Visa mid September in Penang - with the correct paperwork. The MFA link translation listing required paperwork that I quoted earlier in this thread is both up to date and is to the best of my knowledge pretty accurate.

There certainly are regular shifts in position on matters of Thai Immigration, not to mention 'movings of the goal posts'; that is why many people study this forum carefully to look for any signs or notice of change.
One note on Thai government websites, they are not kept up in realtime particularly when they need to translate it to English from Thai. They could easily be a week or more out of date. I know places like Sunbelt are in phone contact with the government daily. As volatile as the situation is now in Thailand with the Thais seemingly changing their minds weekly, it's your choice where you want to get the latest information from.

Certainly you can never be too careful and it always worth double checking that 'facts' really are facts.

I obtained another 1 Year Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant B Visa mid September in Penang - with the correct paperwork. The MFA link translation listing required paperwork that I quoted earlier in this thread is both up to date and is to the best of my knowledge pretty accurate.

I'll let you know how it goes, flying out Sunday and back Wednesday morning... Thank for all the replies!

Canadian