Rescuers Rescue Austalian Man In Pattaya Sea

george

Rescuers rescue Austalian man in Pattaya sea

CHON BURI: -- An Australian man was rescued early Thursday after he swam out to the sea, saying he wanted to swim back to his motherland.

The tourist was identified as Trevor John Harrigan, 38.

Police said the man damaged a motorcycle and took off his clothes and ran out to the sea in front of Imperial Residence Hotel on Pattaya Beach in Bang Lamung district at 2:30 am.

Rescuers spent over an hour searching the sea for the man and he was later spotted hanging on to a passenger ferry, which was anchored off the beach.

Seeing rescuers, the man swam away from the boat, shouting he wanted to swim back to Australia.

Rescuers spent several minutes to convince him to be helped out of the water.

The man was charged with causing disturbance after drunk.

The man checked into the hotel on October 18.

A bar girl told police that the Australian man told her that he had been pickpocketted and when he filed complaint with police, he was beaten up for allegedly telling lies.

The girl quoted the man as saying that he was asked to leave the hotel for fearing to pay his bill.

-- The Nation 2007-10-25

Another pissed up and potless farang. Therotically he should have a return ticket! Trevor, why not use it, get a job and get a life.

so is it austrailians, pissed up people, potless people, jobless people, frangs or people without a return ticket that gets up your nose then? :o

have a drink an chill man!

he had been pickpocketted and when he filed complaint with police, he was beaten up for allegedly telling lies.
Seeing rescuers, the man swam away from the boat, shouting he wanted to swim back to Australia.

and who can blame him.

he had been pickpocketted and when he filed complaint with police, he was beaten up for allegedly telling lies.

and who can blame him.

i think this was just the last straw after they lost the rugby! :o

CHON BURI: -- An Australian man was rescued early Thursday after he swam out to the sea, saying he wanted to swim back to his motherland.

The tourist was identified as Trevor John Harrigan, 38.

Police said the man damaged a motorcycle and took off his clothes and ran out to the sea in front of Imperial Residence Hotel on Pattaya Beach in Bang Lamung district at 2:30 am.

Rescuers spent over an hour searching the sea for the man and he was later spotted hanging on to a passenger ferry, which was anchored off the beach.

Rescuers spent several minutes to convince him to be helped out of the water.

The man was charged with causing disturbance after drunk.

The man checked into the hotel on October 18.

A bar girl told police that the Australian man told her that he had been pickpocketted and when he filed complaint with police, he was beaten up for allegedly telling lies.

The girl quoted the man as saying that he was asked to leave the hotel for fearing to pay his bill.

-- The Nation 2007-10-25

big problem ! no freedom in thailand !!!!!

all animals are free to swim in the ocean and go back motherland !!! why not kangourou !!!!!?????

maybe he not pay special tax !!

have a drink an chill man!
I would not have expected a better comment from a Pattaya farang who appears condone these actions. I guess it does provide you guys down there with some sort of alternative entertainment. :o

Steady up, all his mates will be in the pub cheering him on....car'n bruce.....and he will be welcomed home with cheers and maybe a ticker tape parade.

Just imagine what would have happened if he made it.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Oz embassy should lodge a complaint with the Thais for not providing a shark proof cage and a support boat. After all, he was only trying to emulate Susie Moroney and go one better by doing it nud_e. :o

On ya, mate.

I can verify (as a relative) of Trevor that he is in fact, Bi-Polar. Not "some stupid drunk aussie" as some have reffered to him by. For anyone who doesn't know what this is then i suggest you look it up. This is/was the beginning of a psychotic episode for Trevor. He is very uncontrollable while in this condition and currently he has been sedated at a local thai hospital until we can get some money to him for proper psychiatric treatment. Please refrain from derogatory comments when you dont have all the facts.

I can verify (as a relative) of Trevor that he is in fact, Bi-Polar. Not "some stupid drunk aussie" as some have reffered to him by. For anyone who doesn't know what this is then i suggest you look it up. This is/was the beginning of a psychotic episode for Trevor. He is very uncontrollable while in this condition and currently he has been sedated at a local thai hospital until we can get some money to him for proper psychiatric treatment. Please refrain from derogatory comments when you dont have all the facts.

Good luck to the poor soul. You mentioned that you were in the process of rounding up some money so that Trevor can get some psychiatric treatment. I would strongly suggest that he is treated in Australia rather than Thailand (or at least by Thai psychiatrists). Years ago I learned that an acquaintance was suffering bouts of severe depression while living here in Thailand. He sought treatment through the Thai medical system and swears that he was worse off after being treated here. I also worked with a US psychologist who lived here for several years, and he felt the the Thai approach to psychiatry was probably not best for farangs. (Unfortunately, he didn't elaborate on why.)

Please, before people start slamming me, thinking that I'm being critical of Thailand or its doctors, I'm not. I think it's more a matter of cultural differences that make the Thai style of psychiatry inappropriate for farangs -- not a matter of incompetence or poor training.

Good luck to the poor soul. You mentioned that you were in the process of rounding up some money so that Trevor can get some psychiatric treatment. I would strongly suggest that he is treated in Australia rather than Thailand (or at least by Thai psychiatrists). Years ago I learned that an acquaintance was suffering bouts of severe depression while living here in Thailand. He sought treatment through the Thai medical system and swears that he was worse off after being treated here. I also worked with a US psychologist who lived here for several years, and he felt the the Thai approach to psychiatry was probably not best for farangs. (Unfortunately, he didn't elaborate on why.)

Please, before people start slamming me, thinking that I'm being critical of Thailand or its doctors, I'm not. I think it's more a matter of cultural differences that make the Thai style of psychiatry inappropriate for farangs -- not a matter of incompetence or poor training.

I have suggested the same without as much information in the other thread, but it is blatantly obvious that the best place for his treatment is in his home country.

I have little experience of the Psyhc system here, but plenty in the UK system, and I can honestly say that from what I have read and heard about the treatment here, he will be far better off back in Aus or the UK(Someone mentioned he is a dual national).