Websites In Thai (narrative, History, Sci-fi ...)

BAF

Hi all, does anyone know of websites in Thai where narrative, history,

sci-fi (or whatever else) texts can be found?

They don't have to be Thailand related, translations of "farang" works are

also great (if not better).

My wife loves to read but her English is not good enough to let her enjoy

the reading of an English text. Besides, she is learning Italian and

forgetting English... :D

The funny thing is that my mother is a teacher in Literature, History and

Geography and in our house there are tons of books which she would love to

read but can't (well, for now) :o

TIA, BAF.

P.S. Should somebody have Thai texts on DOCs, PDFs, TXTs (or any other

formats) I would appreciate it very much if they could send me a copy.

Thanks for the response, she is browsing throught them at the moment :D

Anyway, I have to say that we have not had much luck so far. I have posted that same question on many boards but very few replies and all of them were about websites about the Thai History (a subject which is already too much and too wrongly taught in Thai schools I might add...).

My wife is uni graded and very much interested in the world history and "farang" literature, novels etc.

Unfortunately her English is the kind of English you get after 16 years in the Thai school system... :D

Ciao and thanks from the wife! :o

My wife is uni graded and very much interested in the world history and "farang" literature, novels etc.

Unfortunately her English is the kind of English you get after 16 years in the Thai school system... :D

Hehe, What's wrong with the 16-years-in-Thai-school English of your wife? I've been throught the same kind of system, until now I havent heard any comment out of my hubby yet. Just curious if you mean it's good or not good :o I find the system quite ok, but the tempo of the students is another story.

For the world history and foreign literatures if you are not living in the country side I recommend your wife try the nearest central library. There's always foreign novels either in original language or translated ones. If she wants to buy it (in Thai) there are few book companies that can deliver the books oversea. I often use this one. http://www.nabanvannagum.com Don't know if it helps much, but if she's really interested, there are groups of Thai wives oversea at http://www.pantip.com/cafe/klaibann who are glad to help her over books choosing, looking for reading material online, and even ordering.

Doei