Landslide In Patong

lordofdelusion

Just to chime in..

I am / was the tennant of the villa.. Was a great place to live and sad to see it go.. I always said it would end up at the bottom of the hill but didnt think it would be quite so soon.

Left for a month in Bali 2 nights before it went.. Of course got robbed for lots.. 35 baht of gold was nicked and much of my stuff is destroyed.. 5 bedrooms worth of furniture and much of it trashed. Anyway its only stuff and nothing irreplaceable was lost.

Currently theres lots of wrangling.. Despite its location I feel strongly it was the JCB digging undermining the wall.. I have a pic somewhere thats shot from the top showing the landslide directly over the half buried digger and the digger driver is testifying for the claim to say that he was told to do it and that was a cause. The BKK based developer is fighting and its all in courts. current price tag on that one house is 30 million in damages.

Hope you were insured?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently theres lots of wrangling.. Despite its location I feel strongly it was the JCB digging undermining the wall.. I have a pic somewhere thats shot from the top showing the landslide directly over the half buried digger and the digger driver is testifying for the claim to say that he was told to do it and that was a cause. The BKK based developer is fighting and its all in courts. current price tag on that one house is 30 million in damages.

Civil actions take at least 10 years in Thailand. I was astonished when our lawyer stated from that start that our case would be at least 10 years, but now I'm beginning to understand the legal system as we are currently into our 5th year of a civil action, with no end in sight. TIT ... :o Best of luck...

Just to chime in..

I am / was the tennant of the villa.. Was a great place to live and sad to see it go.. I always said it would end up at the bottom of the hill but didnt think it would be quite so soon.

Left for a month in Bali 2 nights before it went.. Of course got robbed for lots.. 35 baht of gold was nicked and much of my stuff is destroyed.. 5 bedrooms worth of furniture and much of it trashed. Anyway its only stuff and nothing irreplaceable was lost.

Hope you were insured?

Nope...

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any recent pictures/information?

Does not appear to be any physical change or repairs. I hear that the various lawyers are racking up the fees.

Oh well, it seems it's christmas everyday for some.

Haven't been by for over a month. With the rain and then drying cycles, I was expecting there to be more land movement. No doubt those unfortunate residents had one crappy christmas.