3 Day " British Heart Foundation Diet"

BalthazarBeefheart

This diet was given to one of my parents friends by a heart surgeon - it has been passed around their circle of friends all in their seventies who have found they actually lose 6 to 8 pounds with it. My old Dad tells me it has encouraged a lot of geriatric binge eating and drinking.

I lost 3kg myself and found it pretty difficult - I am mid way through my second stint and getting along much better. Having gone form 76 to 96 kg I really needed something desperate and have found the discipline (immense) of doing this has helped me in maintaining the weight loss by being more cautious about what I eat.

Cheers BB

bhf_diet.doc

Edited by BalthazarBeefheart

Medifast.

I went from 240 lbs (108 kgs) to 185 lbs (84 kgs) in 60 days. Never felt better.

I gained 12 lbs back since then, but usually get rid of those within 1-2 weeks once I catch it.

Yes, the key is being very aware of what you are eating, and how much.

medifast works well. It's not for everyone (lots of people make all kinds of excuses), but if you are looking for a program to alter your eating habits, and to help you drop weight fast, and in a healthy manner, this may be for you.

The 'heart Foundation' diet is an old chain mail that has been going around for years, and while you certainly do drop the weight within that time, 99% of people gain it all back, as the 'diet' starves you, and most people are dumb enough to start binge eating after they drop their weight (somehow, stupidly, thinking that by eating lots, they will maintain the weight loss).

You're better off skipping the BHF 'diet' and just eating every three hours, and eating very small snacks (100 calories to 150 calories), and maintaining that (which is what Medifast does).

OK fellas, truce. Your moderator has researched the matter. It seems that there is a diet called the British Heart Foundation Diet (also known as the Greenlane diet) but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the British Heart Foundation.

The diet has been popular in the UK. Its origins are unknown. It is a very low calorie diet (approx. 700 calories per day), so indeed if one is able to stick to it, one will lose a lot of weight. The problem of keeping the weight off would still need to be addressed. It is for short term weight loss only and not something to be undertaken for any length of time without medical supervision.

The Medifast diet involves purchase of special prepared meals from a company, at least in the initial phase. . In keeping with forum policy I have edited out the URL link but anyone interested can google and find it.

The OP lost weight on the "BHF" diet. And Daffy lost weight on Medifast.

Peace.