Anyone Interested In Stereo Photography?

I was wondering if anyone here had an interest in stereo photography? I started working with it last summer using a old Stitz Beamsplitter. I have since purchased a couple of dedicated 35mm stereo cameras made in the 1950s though they haven't been shipped to me here yet. I have attached a couple stereo anaglyphs I made. If anyone is interested in viewing them you will need red/cyan 3D glasses. You can usually pick up a pair of Spy Kids 3D glasses at a Mang Pong video shop for a few baht.The left and right pairs were taken with a Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D using an 18-70 lens and the Stitz Beam splitter.

normal_A_Suan_Dok_Temple_Bell.jpgnormal_Cutting_a_Durian.jpg

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

A fascinating topic if you have the time and equipment.

I an old friend of mine used 2 Leicas, mounted on a bar

to obtain the two images.

Then an old fashioned viewer.

I must get some specs to view your images

Here are a couple of pictures of the Stitz unit mounted to my Konica-Minolta 5D. The Stitz is adjustable unlike current production beam splitters (Chinese and Russian). The stereo pairs from a beam splitter aren't as good as those from a stereo camera or a paired sytem like the 2 Leicas. Still they are an inexpensive way (except for a few of the collectables) to start shooting 3D. I picked up a 1950s Wollensak 10 35mm with the f2.7 lenses I'll be having sent here. Got lucky on that one. The vendor was honest enough to describe the shutters as sticking. Because of that I was able to buy it way back of market. Nothing a CLA won't cure. I haven't had the bar made to pair the cameras yet but I plan to shoot 3D video in the near future too.

normal_Stitz_adapter-1.jpgnormal_Stitz_adapter-2.jpg

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

If anyone wants to get into stereo 3D photography there is a Wollensak 10 stereo camera on Ebay that will close in 24 hours. The vendor will ship worldwide. The Wollensak 10 along is considered one of the best Realist format stereo cameras produced. No automatic functions though. Aperture, speed and focusing must all be set manually. It does have a rangefinder to assist in focusing. This one will probably go in the 8,500-12,000 baht range though you might get lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=017

My Wollensak 10

normal_Image1~0.jpg