Land Costs In Buriram

colmx

Hi All

My BF is having 2 rai of land in Buriram transferred into his name for visa purposes.

We are then hoping to use this land and the dwelling upon it as a solid reason for him to return to thailand at the end of his holiday in Ireland....

Can someone let me have an indicative price of how much 2 rai of land in Buriram, (near lanahsai) would cost?

We don't have to pay for it (just need to pay off 25,000 on a mortgage)... But I am interested in getting an approximate valuation so i know in advance if the land transfer is worth doing.

The house upon the land cost 250,000 to build (and needs another 100,000 to finish... visa comes first...can ginish house after!)

Also solicitor fees, how much can we expect to have to pay to a solicitor in Nangrong to do this transfer for us?

Thanks in advance

Sorry Colmx, but what does a BF owning land have to do with visa rights? Sure somebody's not stringing you along on this? Talking of which, how long is a piece of string? Does that answer your question re. land prices? Not really, cos land could be worth anything from a few thouand baht /rai to millions. :o

As for solicitors - shouldn't be necessary - so long as the land docs are in order. Just go down to the land dept. and pay the appropriate fees (often above and below the table) and it can be his.

Hi Plachon

The visa office in Ireland require proof that the visa applicant has assets and responsibilities in Thailand that would compel them to return to Thailand at the end of their holiday visa....

It is my idea to sort out the shanoot, not his, so I'm not being strung along!

He also has a job and is in education, but this did not satisfy the visa office last time around, hence we are getting the land paperwork in order for the re-application

I'm just curious about the approximate value of 2 Rai of land in Buriram, so I can see if it is worth including on the visa application or not...

Buriram, would seem not alot and he cannot have it in his name anyways.

Maybe if he listed it as a long term lease with very inflated lease price drawn up.

Are they getting rough with visas there also.

This post kind of looks like the boyfriend asking for the info are you him, or her.

Oh sheit BF is bar fine

Hi Khun ?

Sorry I don't understand...

What do you mean by "...he cannot have it in his name anyways..."

They have always been tough on visas for ireland, except if you are a Nigerian scam artist or asylum seeker!

I am Male Irish, looking for my BF to come here on 3 week holiday

where BF=Boyfriend! not bar fine!

Better talk with others that tie their money up in property, several of them here,

maybe even plachon. Farangs can buy a condo but not land unless you set up a company to hold the title. I guess you are him and her then or would that be him and him. Do you know you could get married in the U.S. but you would still be Mr. and Mr.

Colmx

If your bf is Thai he can own land in Thailand.

Of course prices vary tremendously and the land is worth what someone is prepared to pay - but reckon on Bt40k-50K a rai for a building plot in a village.

As Plachon says - no solicitor required if all paperwork in order.

Good luck with your bf's visa app.

They usually put a give estimate value on the land at the Land office (tee din), this is usually lower than the actuall selling price.

Has the 2 rai already got a chanot, if you have to split it from a bigger plot this will be more expensive as they will have to survay and do two new papers.

Don't know about land down there. It depends where the land is, we have 64 rai up here, and if the land is near the main road we can sell for about 120,000, but go back off the road it comes down to 40-60,000. If its in town even more expensive.

I think land is a bit cheaper down in Buriram.

Shiet I read the post wrong. I thought the guy ( Irish person) needs a visa to thailand.

I do not think newly purchased land may be good enough for a reason

to return to Thailand. This post may need to go over to the visa for other countries. Other than the BF having steady acceptable work and maybe

wife and children may not be any reasonable explantion for him wanting to return

to Thailand. And this would be more so on same sex relationships.

Waht would the diskheads at the visa offic eknow about the cost of land in Buriram.......just tell em its 100,000 per rai or more......if they qyuery it tell em theres a new gold course next door so the price is higher. Or tell them theydiscovered an oil deposit underground but no-one knows about it yet excpet the old lady whol wants to sell it.....and she just thinks its dirty water. :o