Mon-tao-pha-ya-phrom

Rinrada

Heard that there is a new golf club being spudded in just outside C.M somewhere along KhamPang rd called Montaophayaphrom.

Any news on it?

Also believe there is a new 5 star Hotel going up nearby to compliment the area...again any info?.....thanks :D:o

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found it but got the name ever so slightly wrong...oops-sorry :o

Montaophayaphrom is actually the name of the Designers/Archs/Builders of the new Golf Club now being built out at May-on.

Had a bit of a meeting with their PM and was given a tour of the site which if all goes to plan is hoped to become the top in CM if not all of LOS.

Very impressive full 18 hole (wot else)course in beautiful settings with exclusive 19th.gin-joint clubhouse with adjac.5 star hotel and of course a ...Spa resort....plus more ............ :D ...going back next week.

Whole thing about 10 minutes from new airport at Lampang....eh wot new ...whit?...whos says... :D

I have been looking over the gassangolf web site and although it looks like the same one that we visited I am not sure(how can you lose/mistake a golf course??) :o that it is.The area looks identical but...The place we were at is approx 20kms along the Samkamphet road(is that correct) after the hot springs on the right hand side and not far from Mayon.The place as said before is just being excavated and earliest date for opening will be Oct.95.

Dont think i am given anything away but the name of the place will be The Chiang Mai Highlands Golf Club and Spar Resort.

Will ask wife to verify if and when she decides to come back from Secon Square :D

Finally sussed it out on the map. :o

Leaving C.M.coming from the airport take the 1317 about 20kms until you get to Wat Kritsana and from there hang left northwards to Ban Hua Fai.Its about there ...abouts

:D