Doi Mae Salong

wdrk7

Today in our village , we try to form a cooperation for the whole village of 500 plus people mosly from the akha people . Income from the homestay program and sales of handicraft will go back to the village to help the less fortunate . Good respond and hope to get some help from members here to come and stay . Pm me if anyone is interested . We are offering whole package including picking up from the CR airport . Any enquiries are welcome . Thanks in advance .

ok , good idea

just don ' t expect too much of it , it is introduced at many places before ,

like ( San Khampaeng mountains : www.mae-kampong.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=394953 ) ,

i think not many Akha speak some english overthere ,

for sure when i visit , i will support your program and not stay at shin shane gh ,

no need to pick me up , i ride bicycle everywhere , .. , when i get back in shape ???

Thanks. Hope you get back in shape soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Raining almost everyday here at Measalong . Will only be back somewhere in august . Hope to have better weather then . Cheers .

is drier weather 'better' than wet weather? I stand alongside my salamander friends and declare 'it's all in the eye of the wader.' Actually, haven't seen salamanders in Thailand - where'd they go?

• 3 weeks later...
This month we received lots of wedding invitation and funeral as well . Bad month .

Dear wdrk7,

I am interested to do Akha homestay in Doi MaeSalong in November after my Loy Krathong trip to Laos which will start in Vientiane and end up in Luang Prabang. I would like to stay a week. Please PM me on a all-inclusive (bed and 3 meals) cost.

Is it possible for you to post some photo of the facilities: bed, toilet, and village. Thanks.

Regards,

• 5 months later...

Went up the hill last week, very cold at nights, but the blue songthaew from Pasang is now only 50B & green back to Mae Chan 60B, down from 70B when the petrol was at its most expensive.

However using the blue still entailed a 2-1/2-hour wait, before one departed for Mae Salong, whereas the green operate a 2-hourly schedule.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...