BANGKOK 25 March 2019 21:22
Sign in to follow this  
scotty123456789

Phetchabun

Hi, my wife to be lives in a town called wichienburi in petchabun and im wondering if anyone knows of a pub/bar and restaurant in wichienburi.

Been to wichienburi twice to be with my girl but can see theres nothing realy much to do.

I am due back again in a few week, and want to know of a bar or some sort, where I can relax, have a few beers :o , and go to eat at a nice restaurant.

Hope you can help, just sick of the sticky rice and cans of chang sat outside her home.

Scotty............

:o Sounds like a small village outside Phechabun. Your probably living a lot like me. I live in a small village outside Lopburi. When your the only farang around, you pretty much have to provide your own entertainment. I normally walk down to the little grocery store/snack shop, take a portable cd player, drink a couple of beers and listen to my own music. I've been here a year, and now have a small following, listening to my music and trying to chat with me. My Thai is limited, but we get along. Get used to the feeling of being a monkey in the zoo. Thai's outside the main area's where farangs gather, don't really know how to deal with you. That's ok, cause I don't know how to deal with them either. :D Just be polite and smile alot and you'll get along.

Hello, as you have visited Wichienburi twice you will know that it is a sizable Thai town with a very good market area. The Thai police chief informed me recently that there are over 300 farangs that live or have built homes in Amphur Wichien.

I usually see a few on my weekly bank runs into town. If you take a ride out into the villages you will see some fairly impressive farang houses too.

I gather night life is minimal apart from a few collections of Karaoke/girly bars on the edge of town, though primarily for Thai's I know of a few ex pats who go there to chat up the girls!

Past the market (north part of town) there is now a supermarket/ electric goods shop and behind is a clean open air swimming pool with good bar & restaurant. Nice to spend a hot afternoon there.

Wichien is obviously not like your islands & Blackpool by the sea (Pattaya), all around here is agricultural and the locals go to bed early.

There are a bunch of farangs who meet up every Thursday (1100am ish), nice bunch and you can get some good info from them on eating places etc. For some reason all these boys want to be amateur farmers and you may get a little tired of the talk about buffalo tractors/rice cutting and how the 'ducks are doing'.

I live in a small town just south of Wichien, a few Brits and Swiss here, but no bars but look up Mrs Moons shop and you will soon find us on most nights.

Edited by phutoie2

Having re-read my post, I forgot to tell you where the ex-pats meet, its under the covered market, where all the trucks park. There are many eating places, its easy to find.

hi guys :

Welll now that I have left Issan Buriram :

And am now staying with my mate and his wife in bantok ;

Have to find my way around the area now doubt I will in time start a Petchabun information Topic as I did for Buriram

hi guys :

Welll now that I have left Issan Buriram :

And am now staying with my mate and his wife in bantok ;

Have to find my way around the area now doubt I will in time start a Petchabun information Topic as I did for Buriram

Cheers for that, do you breed those German sheperds?? I am looking for a good pet/guard dog. This was after my electric water pump motor was stolen. Advice from police- 'get a dog!!'

Hi well I am new to this area: But got farang friends in the area will make some enquiries :

As you know I got a lovely GSD but he is in Buriram with my ex :

I am told there is a bar in Petchabun owned by a farang any ideas :

Your looking for a good dog and I am looking for a good lady hahaha

macb, I live in 110 km south of Petchabun city, but play golf at the big army barracks on Highway 21 as you enter the city from the south, its called Battle Horse golf club. There are local ex-pats, a good 10-15 who meet up at 1000 am every Tuesday and Friday. They all seem to know a lot about Petch, so may be able to help you with your search!!.

I do know this that opposite the Army barracks Tesco Lotus are building a very large supermarket and Big C likewise next door. In the early days of construction but it seems like it is a booming city and I will switch my monthly Tesco shop from Saraburi to Petchabun when all is built.

macb, I live in 110 km south of Petchabun city, but play golf at the big army barracks on Highway 21 as you enter the city from the south, its called Battle Horse golf club. There are local ex-pats, a good 10-15 who meet up at 1000 am every Tuesday and Friday. They all seem to know a lot about Petch, so may be able to help you with your search!!.

I do know this that opposite the Army barracks Tesco Lotus are building a very large supermarket and Big C likewise next door. In the early days of construction but it seems like it is a booming city and I will switch my monthly Tesco shop from Saraburi to Petchabun when all is built.

Well where I am staying at my mates is about 4 k south of there (Bantock) I know the barracks and the construction sites :

Well I have not played golf for many years and when I did well thats another story :o

Next Sunday I am off to Pattaya for 4 days : PM for mobile number

Mac

Edited by Totster
REmoved mobile number at op's request - Admin

We're about 1/2-way between P'lok and Phetch and I go by the Army Barracks all the time when coming in over the mountains and through Wang Chumpu. I always wondered if the public was allowed to play there. Do you have any details on who to contact to arrange to play there, or is it just generally pay and play any time? Cheers.

Spee, yes its easy to just turn up and play, avoid Wednesdays (sports day) & weekends. If you go to Thai visa golf forum I have put some info on there. Titled - 'Battle Horse Golf Club.

My neighbour and I now go and play twice a month, with another trip to a quality course at Narai Hill sandwiched in between (Thongchai Jaidee's course).

Edited by phutoie2

has anyone got any info on what there is to do in petchabun province?

my wife lives near Somat tart (Bang sam phan), alls i have found is Nakon Sawan and its big c & swimming pools in petchabun

there is a big dam about 10 kilometres out of town. It is not easy to find the entrance, I always end up at the dam's administration complex, but finally I make it to the shore.

It has several simple restaurants built up in a way that you can't see much of the reservoir. Out of one restaurant steps a sexy Thai lady and smiles "Hello mister, you come alone khaa?" Who'd expect bargirl talk in the boondocks west of Phetchabun? She seems fun and anglophone, so I opt for a lemon juice there. When I sit down with her, a bearded Italian joins us and explains all of Thailand to me. He seems to be her boyfriend, as he explains all of his Thai girl to me too. Funny, she talks some Italian: she is able to finish a Thai or English sermon with an Italian "Capito?" I always felt that Italians and Thais have quite something in common: in terms of temperament, care for style and good food as well as in their nationalism and unsavoury corporate governments. This delightful Thai lady would fit perfectly into a piazza in Milano or Urbino, checking tomatoes on the market or chatting away with the neighbours.

While Miss Thai-Italian is obviously not available for me, they have a fat shy Lao girl on the premises and I am told that she would definitely like a western boyfriend. There is one more young Thai man; he is completely built up like a lady with a lot of make-up and jewellery. The italophone Thai girl explains to me: "She has hot dog, but she wants to be lady. She wants to take you to Oasis disco tonight." Uiuiui, well sorry, I already have an appointment, khaw thot khrap, ciao amici. Darkness has set in by now, and I bounce back to town.

Another dam I have been too a few times not far from Petchabun it is a very large reservoir called 'Ba Dang Dam' restaurant there but did not catch any fish, not sure if this is the same dam that Macleod 101 went to, you go over a bridge to gain access to the car-park