A Pebble For Your Pocket By Thich Nhat Hanh

sbk

I found this book in my Dad's library and although written for kids it does explain some fundamental beliefs of Buddhists in a very simple manner and how to live your life by those beliefs.

I found it well written, interesting and informative but wonder how much of it applies to Buddhism in Thailand (Thich Nhat Hanh is a Zen Buddhist) or if it is simply so fundamental that it doesn't matter.

Has anyone read this book and what did you think of it?

I found this book in my Dad's library and although written for kids it does explain some fundamental beliefs of Buddhists in a very simple manner and how to live your life by those beliefs.

I found it well written, interesting and informative but wonder how much of it applies to Buddhism in Thailand (Thich Nhat Hanh is a Zen Buddhist) or if it is simply so fundamental that it doesn't matter.

Has anyone read this book and what did you think of it?

I wouldn't have thought that it matters. Although I haven't read the book that you mention. However, I do have the greatest of respect for Thich Nhat Hanh's form of socially engaged Buddhism (Tiep Hien Order or the Order of Interbeing) and can't imagine going far wrong in reading anything that he's written.