I'm Loving This!

Actually, I'm enjoying it. Only one main teacher troll, and he has to watch his mouth very closely.

"Steven"

name names ijwt... only i'm paranoid.... :o

we know the modding rules over here, i think they are too strict & that will put off many ajarners... but if yer don't like it then bog off..

I cant say the ajarners made quit good house guests on their first appearances. For all i care then can all bugger off back in to the sunset.

darknight.. your grammar is quite awful. i'm sure we can all get along with one another, even with complete....no name calling please Harry (KK)

Edited by kenkannif

Now all the people from the old forum at Ajarn who complained about the moderation -

What do you think of THIS new teachers forum!

Four threads locked and it's only just begun!

Ha ha! :o

From what i've seen its the influx of the old thaivisa people ( and one in particular that seems very self righteous about everything) that reopen the "old" wounds that we dont talk about on ajarn.

I cant say the ajarners made quit good house guests on their first appearances. For all i care then can all bugger off back in to the sunset.

darknight.. your grammar is quite awful. i'm sure we can all get along with one another, even with complete....no name calling please Harry (KK)

i don't give a flying F that my grammar or spelling is good or not. I'm not a native speaker nor do i need to pass some exam because "the teacher said so".

I just commented that a lot of the ajarn newbies are very rude on their first appearance, and might conduct themselves slightly better.

Teachers everywhere have the same arrogant "i know it all" stuck up attitude, but i guess tefl teachers are even more so , just to defend their pityfull lives in LOS. :o

if you can't read this , you can make corrections with a red marker :D , but i'm sure you 've gotten my drift :D

Yes, perhaps you could think of one or two ways the presence of some teachers might be helpful

I know I'm miss-quoting but could'nt resist

You could all become Mods, and give detentions/lines instead of banning's

You could grade individual posts, mabye giving Gold, Silver, Bronze stars

You could tell us about things that have absalutley no significance in real life

You could make us stand in the corner (mabye wearing one of those hats with a "D")

You could enlighten us all about the "sacrifices" you make for you profession

You could correct every spelling, gramatical mistake in posts (like this one)

You could prepare "overheads" to explain difficult points

You could try to humilliate anyone who disagreed with you (mabye the hat again)

Thats all for now cant think of any more,

Oh how about joining in with the rest of the forum (apart from Harry he can stay here :o )

you know Harry - the ones Begs has gleefully launched into - the "real" teacher, the WP, the expat v teacher, give it a minute or so and I am sure the troll in him will find another question to ask soon.

Funny you should mention that.................. :D

Q: What do you call a farang that comes to Thailand, runs out of money and don't wanna go back to his own country for whatever reason?

A: English Teacher.

:o

Begs if you applied for any of those jobs THEY'D have to get you a work permit to cover you, so if an illegal did apply for a job there and got it, they'd have to make him legal. Once more it's the school that basically obtain the teachers licence and the work permit (for you) NOT the teacher.

So a legal teacher or an illegal teacher working for them without a specific work permit from that school or company will both be illegal.

Yes, there are a lot of teachers out there earning 1,000 Baht an hour without a WP (although this is wrong and it's illegal to work without a WP) so I fail to see your point? Does it make you any less illegal is you're earning 25,000 Baht a month or 100,000 Baht a month? I personally don't think so!

Edited by kenkannif

Well, for any interested parties, Ajarn Forum is very much alive and members are starting to come back, and the board is now stable with twice daily back-ups (which actually restore if data is lost). If you are unhappy with the over moderation on here, and want to post in a more moderate atmosphere, then you know where to come. I shudder to think this place actually considers Harry Palmer a troll....