How Much Do You Make?

thaihedgehog

Cannot understand why a post requesting such personal information should be posted !!!

Which translated mean Bog off and mind your own business

Why did you bother reading the post and sending a reply if you weren't going to put anything useful towards it?? Also " BOG OFF " please re-translate into English :o:D

Cannot understand why a post requesting such personal information should be posted !!!

Why did you bother reading the post and sending a reply if you weren't going to put anything useful towards it?? Also " BOG OFF " please re-translate into English :o:D

If you were English, a translation would not be required.

Why did you bother reading the post and sending a reply if you weren't going to put anything useful towards it?? Also " BOG OFF " please re-translate into English :D:D

If you were English, a translation would not be required.

Of course i'm not English!! Thank god.... :o:D

Took me a while to work it out :o:D well my average hourly rate (contact hours) is 413.80 baht :D:D

Do your "contact hours" include 'Club' and Home-room? What about teachers meetings and mandatory time on-campus?

A better guage of comparative income would be your total monthly income - then qualify it with what you do to get it. Come on, be honest and forthcoming :D

Took me a while to work it out :o:D well my average hourly rate (contact hours) is 413.80 baht :bah::bah:

Do your "contact hours" include 'Club' and Home-room? What about teachers meetings and mandatory time on-campus?

A better guage of comparative income would be your total monthly income - then qualify it with what you do to get it. Come on, be honest and forthcoming :D

1) No mandatory time to be on campus, 5 minutes before class and leave as soon as i finish

2) No clubs

3) No home-room

4) No teachers meetings

5) No exams

6) No homework to mark

7) No parents meetings

8) No school trips to go on

On average i have 30-32 contact hours a week!! So you can work it out..... :D:D

My school has just told us of the bonuses we can expect to receive at the end of the school year. A first year teacher, as I am, will get approx. 3,500 Baht for a good performance and approx. 4,300 for an excellent performance. It increases marginally each year up to about 8 years. This magnanimous gesture will have teachers scrambling to do extra hours of preperation time and weekend work just to impress the 'powers that be'. Also, teachers will flock to the school from all over Thailand at the mouth watering propect of receiving such a tremendous reward.

Think it would be more interesting to write about the cost of living here...

I did make 27500 when I came here long time ago. Back then the petrol was 13.70 pr. liter.

Now I make a little more but the petrol yesterday was 31.59 pr. liter.

Is it me or is the inflation only happening in the expense account?

What is enough to make down here in the South?

The poor slobs I met in Bangkok on the school trip worked for about 35000 a month, in Bangkok. I would have shot myself long time ahead of that.

I do make more than a 1000 B a day now, but I think that in general I spend more than I make every month...

Think it would be more interesting to write about the cost of living here...

I did make 27500 when I came here long time ago. Back then the petrol was 13.70 pr. liter.

Now I make a little more but the petrol yesterday was 31.59 pr. liter.

Is it me or is the inflation only happening in the expense account?

What is enough to make down here in the South?

The poor slobs I met in Bangkok on the school trip worked for about 35000 a month, in Bangkok. I would have shot myself long time ahead of that.

I do make more than a 1000 B a day now, but I think that in general I spend more than I make every month...

Snokflake, great point you posted!! I have checked the national inflation rates on the CIA website, and Thailand's National inflation rate for 2006 was 4.6 % !! what a complete joke :o:D how do they get these figures?? I go shopping at least twice a week to Tesco or Carrefour, and their prices on the goods i buy a lot of have been slowly creeping up!! Milk, eggs, butter, bread etc... its always a small increase each time BUT after a year the prices have gone up by at least 35 % !! I haven't even spoke and the price of petrol which i would say is at least 40 % in the past year.

I know not all products have gone up by the same amount, but when do you ever see a product going down in price?? Never!! Are our salarlies linked to the rate of inflation?? not a <deleted>-king chance they are.

10 days the EU said consumer goods WON'T be included in the inflation rates :D:D so that = petrol, Gas, electricity, food, alcohol etc... what does it include then?? could someone please correct me if i'm wrong or shed some light on this!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting - not every one working in the South is a teacher, so not sure if you are wanting info from other occupations? - But if so I earn about 500b per hour - based on a 45 hour week.

When I was teaching - I also earnt 500 b per hours - but I only worked 2 hours a day :o very relaxing!

• 2 weeks later...

71,000 a week

whats the poor people up to now days :o

sorry to shoot you down in flames plastic, but do you mean people actually get out of bed for that sort of pittance, i earn more just for staying in bed.

as for the poor people, sorry cant comment, are those the people that have mortages?

• 1 month later...