Credits Expired .. Dtac Happy

mmkin

I have a prepaid sim card and since im only using it to receive incoming calls, my credit expired last week. I continue to receive incoming calls.

my question is will this go on or i have to top up at some point before they disconnect it totally?

DTAC is allowing you to extend the validity of your SIM card for up to 365 days the cost is .....

2 Baht for 30 days

- 6 Baht for 90 days

- 12 Baht for 180 days (up to 365 Days).

From any Happy Dtac package (even the cheapest ones 25 Satangs/min), do the following:

- Dial *1013, listen to the prompt and dial 9 for English

- Follow the step by step procedure ( press 1 for promotion )

- You will get an SMS confirming the new validity of your SIM card.

TL

DTAC is allowing you to extend the validity of your SIM card for up to 365 days the cost is .....

I was wondering if that was still available. I did it when it was first announced and set it to 365 days. The interesting part is it seems to be a sliding 365 days. Every time I top up, it shows an expiration of 365 days from the new top up date. :o

=DTAC is allowing you to extend the validity of your SIM card for up to 365 days the cost is .....

2 Baht for 30 days

- 6 Baht for 90 days

- 12 Baht for 180 days (up to 365 Days).

From any Happy Dtac package (even the cheapest ones 25 Satangs/min), do the following:

- Dial *1013, listen to the prompt and dial 9 for English

- Follow the step by step procedure ( press 1 for promotion )

- You will get an SMS confirming the new validity of your SIM card.

I did it just know on my phone. The old validity date was 24 JAN 2007. I extended by 180 days for 12 Baht (no 365-day extension offered) and the SMS I received instantly confirmed the new validity until 27 JUL 2007.

--

Maestro

I did it just know on my phone. The old validity date was 24 JAN 2007. I extended by 180 days for 12 Baht (no 365-day extension offered) and the SMS I received instantly confirmed the new validity until 27 JUL 2007.

--

Maestro

The way I did it was by applying for it twice for a total of 360 days.

• 1 year later...

It took 12 THB to increase my validity from 1 May 2009 to 28 Oct 2009. No complaints from me. That was cheap. I rarely use my mobile phone cos I use Skype and VoIP. At least I do not need to keep topping up now. Thanks for the tip.

Should be actually 1y so try it again. Trust it works as long as they haven't changed something!

It has always required doing it 2 or 3 times each time adding n months to the expiry date up to a maximum number of times (3?). At least that was how it worked for me and as indicated in the original topic on this subject some time ago.

As far as I know, you CANNOT upgrade from a pre to a postpaid acount without losing your number (at least not with DTAC). You have to get a new sim card.

Furthermore, for those who were so happy that they could extend their validity to 365 days .... check your current plan. Your rate per minute will probably be higher than before.

I did it the other way around, after the three first months getting 1 baht/minute, DTAC changed to 2 baht per minute, I changed to the 2 baht/first minute / 25 satang following on DTAC network and

the validity was changed to 30 days.

Changing validity does seem to raise the rate per minute.

As far as I know, you CANNOT upgrade from a pre to a postpaid acount without losing your number (at least not with DTAC). You have to get a new sim card.

Furthermore, for those who were so happy that they could extend their validity to 365 days .... check your current plan. Your rate per minute will probably be higher than before.

I did it the other way around, after the three first months getting 1 baht/minute, DTAC changed to 2 baht per minute, I changed to the 2 baht/first minute / 25 satang following on DTAC network and

the validity was changed to 30 days.

Changing validity does seem to raise the rate per minute.

As far as I know, you CANNOT upgrade from a pre to a postpaid acount without losing your number (at least not with DTAC).

What????

Of course you can upgrade from prepaid to postpaid. Did that with my entire family recently! At DTAC's office in Siam Paragon.

My family could keep their pre-paid number. There is no different type of SIM for prepaid or postpaid.

Yes, they will give you a "new" SIM for postpaid. It is a "blue" SIM instead of the red color prepaid SIM.

DTAC SIM card are actually free but the shops try it on with whatever they think they can charge. In Buriram I needed two replacement SIM cards and they initially asked for Bt200. A quizzical look on my face produced a request for Bt40 and as I thought what the heck, they just gave me the programmed cards (had numbers already).

With DTAC you can extend the validity of a SIM merely by exchanging credit for time, keeping whatever plan you are on. You do not have to go on the Siple plan with 365 validity each top up.

Here is the link, to do so online you have to have registered and logged in but you can do just from the mobile. Effectively, it costs Bt24 a year to extend a SIM. So buy a Bt500 card and you could theoretically top up for over 20 years !

http://www.happy.co.th/en/low/07_jaidee_jaekwan.php