Welcome To The Football Forum

mrbojangles

On 3/30/2019 at 5:14 AM, owl sees all said:

I reckon the top three will all be playing top flight next year. I fancy Leeds and Norwich for auto' and Sheff Utd or Villa for the play-off spot. Middlesboro have lost their impetus. WBA won last night but play-off is their best.

Once had a girl-friend from Leeds; although not s footy supporter. Loraine was her name. She was lovely,

She was a great shag too! :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Footy for EPL 2019/2020 starts tomorrow. Can't wait.

After a couple of really good years predicting the finishing positions, I'm confident that I'll be pretty near the mark again this season.

City for the title again. I don't think it will be as close as last, but Liverpool will be right up there. Chelsea for third again. I think Frank will bring nostalgic fervor with him. not sure if he is a tactics man; we will see. Arsenal and Man U both suspect at the back IMO.

Everton will be the team to break the top 6 mold. I've got them in at #4. Sorry Spurs, but I reckon it will be first season new stadium blues (navy blue) for you. 

Leicester and Wolves should both do well. I expect both Vardy and Jiminez to challenge for the golden boot.

Villa to be the best of the three promoted clubs. A genuine 'big club' who could rival the biggies in a season or two. But they have to get established first. I think they will.

The race for the title last season was quite magnificent. The relegation battle less so with a couple of teams destined for championship footy well before the end. This season will be different and it's any 3 from 6/7 early on. Be interesting to see how Puuki and Adams get on. Both were outstanding in the Championship last.

01 Man City
02 Liverpool
03 Chelsea
04 Everton
----------
05 Spurs
06 Leicester
07 Arsenal
08 Wolves
09 Man Utd
10 Villa
11 WHU
12 Palace
13 Bournemouth
14 Watford
15 Newcastle
16 Saints
17 Norwich
----------
18 Burnley
19 Sheff Utd
20 Brighton

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

JellyDog spends a lot of time in Argentina. If not fluent by now, I'm sure he knows how to ask for a beer ????

My grasp of Spanish is pitiful. I'm just too lazy to learn, but I do know how to order a beer in Argentina-"Me gustaria una cerveza...boludo.":cowboy:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Right; let's get straight to it. 

This covid stuff in England has put the cat among the pigeons as far as results are concerned. What teams are brave enough to get stuck in against the top doggies? A new kid on the block; Everton. Once the most successful of teams; now not considered to be in the top 7.

So, a change in the pecking order?! Not quite. Liverpool are still the ones to beat if there are any ambitions for a club to race up to EPL glory.

My predictions for 20/21.

01 Liverpool
02 Leicester
03 Man City
04 Everton
05 Chelsea

06 Leeds
07 Spurs
08 Arsenal
09 Man Utd
10 Wolves

11 WHU
12 Villa
13 Palace
14 Saints
15 Newcastle

16 Brighton
17 Burnley
18 Sheff Utd
19 WBA
20 Fulham

I'll have a reassessment at half way and see how I'm doing.

Extra prediction; Bournemouth to get back first time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, owl sees all said:

Right; let's get straight to it. 

This covid stuff in England has put the cat among the pigeons as far as results are concerned. What teams are brave enough to get stuck in against the top doggies? A new kid on the block; Everton. Once the most successful of teams; now not considered to be in the top 7.

So, a change in the pecking order?! Not quite. Liverpool are still the ones to beat if there are any ambitions for a club to race up to EPL glory.

My predictions for 20/21.

01 Liverpool
02 Leicester
03 Man City
04 Everton
05 Chelsea

06 Leeds
07 Spurs
08 Arsenal
09 Man Utd
10 Wolves

11 WHU
12 Villa
13 Palace
14 Saints
15 Newcastle

16 Brighton
17 Burnley
18 Sheff Utd
19 WBA
20 Fulham

I'll have a reassessment at half way and see how I'm doing.

Extra prediction; Bournemouth to get back first time.

Bit wide of the mark for the top 6 Owl.... but spot on for bottom 3! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As an occasional visitor here I swung by to see how the local Geordies were taking things. 

Very quietly obviously. Come on lads remind us that you're a big club and deserve to be at the top. 

????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...