Welcome To The Football Forum

mrbojangles

Hello to you all - Sorry to say I don't follow an English Premier league club, but when asked by Thais for my favourite team I have a preference for Arsenal, purely for Wenger's style of play. I don't think Thais understand that there is life outside the Premier League, it's almost as if Football lives on a flat planet and there simply is nothing else.

I've moved around a fair bit both as a kid and in my previous line of work so can't really call any place home in the UK.

However, cards on the table - I'm a Carlisle United Fan. I was living in Carlisle at the time, with a few maternal relations still there these days. It may have skewed my thinking somewhat, when my first match as a 9 year old was to see Carlisle at home giving Preston a good hiding 6- 1 on Boxing Day '72. Apart from the single season in the Old First Division, season 74-75, it could be argued that it's been mostly down hill since then - but we stick it through thick and thin don't we?

Not sure if the highs outweigh the lows but they don't come much more 'Roy of the Rovers' than 8th May 1999 - the One and Only JIMMY GLASS - the man's a legend! Final day of the season, needing a win at home to Plymouth, to avoid relegation out of the league. 10 Seconds to go and drawing 1-1, Jimmy, the on-loan keeper went up the other end for a Carlisle corner, with nothing to lose - Ball headed in and parried by the Plymouth keeper; straight out to the stampeding Jimmy, who blasted it into the net from 6 yards. As a matter of interest it was Scarborough who went down instead. Their match had already ended and they were jumping for joy as we were only drawing. Let's just say that the name 'Carlisle United' is akin to swearing in Scarborough. Just in case - here's a Youtube version for you

I've recently been to Thai football and follow Lampang FC, a new club who play in Div 2 North. Despite my age, when picking a new club, I still come from the generation that instilled following your local club, so no Chonburi, Muang Thong or the likes for me.

Hello everybody :D I'm chavy & am a 15 yr old chav now chaving in LOS.

My team for my sins , Nottingham Forest :D alas, no link.....as yet, but can be arranged.

National team ? I don't think we have one :)

As we all know that India still doing struggle against the qualifying final for next world cup.But I think we are glad to be a national team of that particular game only when our ranking comes under top three football international team like wise england is not having in cricket and we are having top ranking in cricket but not in hockey our national game.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Paul aged 44 from Durham City in UK. I moved and have lived in North Cyprus for the past Two years but am due in BKK and later Pattaya for several months, maybe permanently. I am a passionate Sunderland fan (long suffering). I was a season ticket holder in SWC (crazy corner) at the Staduim of Light. I love when the team run onto the pitch and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up with the adrenalyn.

Where can I watch Premier League Live football in Pattaya? Can anyone help? Any other Sunderland supporters there?

Have a great day people, and remember "Sometimes when we lose - we win".

Paul Parkin

Edited by OnlineLifeCoach

Hi Everyone,

I'm Paul aged 44 from Durham City in UK. I moved and have lived in North Cyprus for the past Two years but am due in BKK and later Pattaya for several months, maybe permanently. I am a passionate Sunderland fan (long suffering). I was a season ticket holder in SWC (crazy corner) at the Staduim of Light. I love when the team run onto the pitch and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up with the adrenalyn.

Where can I watch Premier League Live football in Pattaya? Can anyone help? Any other Sunderland supporters there?

Have a great day people, and remember "Sometimes when we lose - we win".

Paul Parkin

North Cyprus - brings back a few memories. Kalamara and welcome to the football forum. Re football on television in Pattaya, not hard to find as just about every bar has a TV.

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome Percy2. Watch out for Sunderland, he's known for winding up the Leeds fans a little bit, but he's really a top bloke.

Yes watch out for Sunderland. He saw me wearing a Newcastle Utd top and now he won't speak to me. Wonder why? :)

hi guy's seems to be a lack of scottish supporters on this thread, so i'll start by admitting i'm an aberdeen supporter, mind you we did win the old cup winers cup back in 83 :D (beat real madrid 2-1) and are the only scottish club with two european trohys :D , but sadly those days are gone :D .

anyway the real reason i sent this reply was that i;m in pattaya just now, and we play rangers on saturday 12.45 kick off and its on sky sports, does anyone know any pubs in pattaya that will show the game ?

thanks in anticipation

Hi mate,

there is a bar on soi 7,near the bottom(maybe soi 8) and its a bar that loads of scottish guys go to for the footie.If you prefer your own company try Witherspoons on soi bukhaw(sp) next to oasis agogo

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (tibap @ 2009-11-25 19:18:37)

hi guy's seems to be a lack of scottish supporters on this thread, so i'll start by admitting i'm an aberdeen supporter, mind you we did win the old cup winers cup back in 83 biggrin.gif (beat real madrid 2-1) and are the only scottish club with two european trohys tongue.gif , but sadly those days are gone mad.gif .

anyway the real reason i sent this reply was that i;m in pattaya just now, and we play rangers on saturday 12.45 kick off and its on sky sports, does anyone know any pubs in pattaya that will show the game ?

thanks in anticipation

Welcome mate. Good to see another fellow Scot on board. BTW i hope we beat you on the weekend. biggrin.gif

I need no introduction.....36-0 mate that's all I want to tell you both.....european cup winners cups....not impressed here at all....

Just one other Red Lichtie fan and I'll start our own thread....c'mon where are you??

:)

I'm micls and I'm a Cork City fan from Cork Ireland www.corkcityfc.net.

Will be moving the Thailand shortly and will hopefully watch whoever my local team is.

As well as being a fan I am also a proud owner of the club. After being decimated by a lunatic last season our club has been rebuilt by the supporters trust F.O.R.A.S who now own and run the club and we actually get a say in the club we love. We currently play in the first division in Ireland because of last years liquidation but hopefully wont be down here for long. In recent years we've beaten a few European teams and some of ye might have heard of us because we sold ye our players, the most famous being Kevin Doyle and for the Sunderland fans Dave Meyler.

It will certainly be difficult not seeing City every week when we move but internet updates will have to do :)

Kia ora, G'day, Hello and Sawatdee krup,

My name is Trax and my favourite 'soccer' team is LIVERPOOL'.

My other two favourite teams are .......

Waikato Chiefs

and

Wellington Hurricanes, that's Rugby for the poor uninitiated lot.

• 1 month later...

welcome to the forum soccerpro. I think the next question on everyone's minds would be: who do you support ;)

and yes Trax is welcome too :P

Edited by MiG16

• 3 weeks later...

My names Daniel,

I am a Chelsea fan,

the game I remember most is when we lost 4-0 to Man Utd in the Fa Cup Final so many years ago now... my favourite colour is Blue, I hate our new away kit this season. I hate Alex Ferguson but admire his achievements. I am confident Chelsea will win the league this season. To tear one team apart 6-0 is good, last year 3 times in the premier league. This year twice already... happy days.

Kind regards

Daniel

Edited by Jockstar

My names Daniel,

I am a Chelsea fan,

the game I remember most is when we lost 4-0 to Man Utd in the Fa Cup Final so many years ago now... my favourite colour is Blue, I hate our new away kit this season. I hate Alex Ferguson but admire his achievements. I am confident Chelsea will win the league this season. To tear one team apart 6-0 is good, last year 3 times in the premier league. This year twice already... happy days.

Kind regards

Daniel

Welcome to the Forum Daniel. Just some quick advice mate I see you posted your email on the thread that's been closed....I'd ask Jockstar to remove it or you may get some colourful emails that leave you feeling even more blue....

No more favours.....unless you're beating the Arse of course!

My names Daniel,

I am a Chelsea fan,

Kind regards

Daniel

Welcome to the Forum Daniel. Just some quick advice mate I see you posted your email on the thread that's been closed....I'd ask Jockstar to remove it or you may get some colourful emails that leave you feeling even more blue....

No more favours.....unless you're beating the Arse of course!

I sent one already from my [email protected] but the b*stard bounced back....:whistling:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I must be one of the only ones on this forum who supports a proper belt and braces football team...the mighty Sunderland.

All you plastic fans who switch football allegiances according to who's winning this season, you havent lived.

I suppose the WHU forum is a slight anomaly, but given the nature of the very unsavoury owners of the 'cor blimey we won the world cup, gawd bless yer Bobby moore' club do provide fascination for those who like watching stench and green rot.

Hasta la vista

I think I must be one of the only ones on this forum who supports a proper belt and braces football team...the mighty Sunderland.

All you plastic fans who switch football allegiances according to who's winning this season, you havent lived.

I suppose the WHU forum is a slight anomaly, but given the nature of the very unsavoury owners of the 'cor blimey we won the world cup, gawd bless yer Bobby moore' club do provide fascination for those who like watching stench and green rot.

Hasta la vista

:lol: Welcome to the forum!

Hasta la vista

BABY! :lol:

• 2 months later...

'Mr Watford'..... Thats what i'm known as around these parts.

All i need to say really !!

:o :o Does wasas know about this?

I'd be checking my cuppa for sharp bits if I was you! :D

He does!!. & i goad him about his beloved 'Shit town' being a non league side every day!

• 6 months later...

I'm micls and I'm a Cork City fan from Cork Ireland www.corkcityfc.net.

Will be moving the Thailand shortly and will hopefully watch whoever my local team is.

As well as being a fan I am also a proud owner of the club. After being decimated by a lunatic last season our club has been rebuilt by the supporters trust F.O.R.A.S who now own and run the club and we actually get a say in the club we love. We currently play in the first division in Ireland because of last years liquidation but hopefully wont be down here for long. In recent years we've beaten a few European teams and some of ye might have heard of us because we sold ye our players, the most famous being Kevin Doyle and for the Sunderland fans Dave Meyler.

It will certainly be difficult not seeing City every week when we move but internet updates will have to do :)

Please explain how your club was nearly decimated by a lunatic.

Sounds interesting