Teaching In Thailand

just as a warning to some of you teachers working here without a work permit, the tourist police volunteers do monitor this site so it is probably best if you do not give out too much information about your selves.

listen to me you useless lump of poo... i used to teach classes of thai tourist police & they would have trouble reading a janet & john or ladybird book... let alone understand the going on in here...

uhmmm... i guess that doesn't say much for my skills as an ELT :o

bkk barney ... aka william pilkington fosdick

prof... teacher without a work permit, visa or passport, drunkun bum

address... the hut with the pink corrigated roof under the overpass near phrakanong

:D

just as a warning to some of you teachers working here without a work permit, the tourist police volunteers do monitor this site so it is probably best if you do not give out too much information about your selves.

listen to me you useless lump of poo... i used to teach classes of thai tourist police & they would have trouble reading a janet & john or ladybird book... let alone understand the going on in here...

address... the hut with the pink corrigated roof under the overpass near phrakanong

If you are gonna flame someone make sure you read the original post first..

He actually said...

the tourist police volunteers

volunteers... not regular Tourist Police, but Farangs volunteering to help the tourist police, they are active in Pattaya.

Whether or not they would be checking visa/work permit status from their minivan by Walking Street..... I don't know !!

totster

Just out of interest do these volunteer police have work permits? As I thought that even if you were doing volunteer or charity work (unless you work for an NGO? Like the BC?) you still needed a work permit?

Also wouldn't it be more of an Immigration concern than a police concern? And aren't they mainly based in Pattaya rather than Bangkok (or do they hang out in KSR?)?

Sorry this is a tad off topic, but I'm interested in knowing?

ken, unfortuneately these guys are allowed to work here illegally by the tourist police whereas teachers are not protected by such high powered ppl, yet the volunteers for the normal police are setting up bar owners for working illegally, i assume the tourist police volunteers will start doing the same in the near future. lovely ppl we live amongst, i remember when i first came to Thailand and everybody said dont trust the Thais, well that has certainly changed now...

He actually said...

volunteers... not regular Tourist Police, but Farangs volunteering to help the tourist police, they are active in Pattaya.

Whether or not they would be checking visa/work permit status from their minivan by Walking Street..... I don't know !!

totster

mind your own bloody business... i can flame BKK Barney as much as i see fit, he would do it to me given the opportunity :D

i ain't never seen a tourist police (< uncouth KK) volunteer.... if some farang came up to me & wanted to see my passport then i would naturally chin him...

Edited by kenkannif

uhmmm... i guess that doesn't say much for my skills as an ELT :D

He actually said...

totster

mind your own bloody business... i can flame BKK Barney as much as i see fit, he would do it to me given the opportunity :D

i ain't never seen a tourist police (< uncouth KK) volunteer.... if some farang came up to me & wanted to see my passport then i would naturally chin him...

They just snitch, right? Seems like a dangerous vocation for a farang in Thailand, maybe especially in Pattaya... :o

Just out of interest do these volunteer police have work permits? As I thought that even if you were doing volunteer or charity work (unless you work for an NGO? Like the BC?) you still needed a work permit?

Also wouldn't it be more of an Immigration concern than a police concern? And aren't they mainly based in Pattaya rather than Bangkok (or do they hang out in KSR?)?

Sorry this is a tad off topic, but I'm interested in knowing?

Immigration is a branch of the police department.