Digital Picture Printing

chanchao

I didn't have any luck with some digital prints I had made a few months ago at Denchai Trading.

Sounds like you're only racking up negatives here (pardon the photography pun) but knowing where not to go is equally valuable baht-saving information. :o

> I suppose I should not slag off other people's businesses, but

> I just have to say I was very disappointed with the results

> delivered by Photo Bug close to Rydges Amora hotel.

Thanks for mentioning that, I was actually considering this shop. They have a branch at the new "Panthip" as well. Their camera prices seem quite competitive, but for picture printing I don't think they use the same big professional printing machines as used by the Fuji and Kodak shops.

So far I've been most happy with a small Fuji shop on Suthep road, kind of in between the Nimmanhaemin intersection and Wat Suan Dok. (In between the Krung Thai bank and a 7-eleven) Nothing special though, they managed to get the colors on paper quite accurately, that's about it. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Why dont you print your own ? I have a canon i960 printer which prints GREAT photo's. You must use photo quality paper though. I should add that I dont live in Thailand so maybe you guys gave a reason why you dont do this. Just a suggestion !

I find it best to print my own, although the ink is expensive. However, if you need LARGE prints, Siam Exhibition Co Ltd at 122 Thapae Road make beautiful pictures on their Roland. Cost, 700 Baht per Sq Meter.

Why dont you print your own ?

Cost. :-)

I think unless you regularly print pictures, the cost will be a lot higher. Like ink is expensive and if you don't use it for a while then it dries out, requiring you to buy new the next time......

Yet when you go to any print shop, the cost for a print made on their big Fuji digital printing system is 4 or 5 baht per 6x4 print.

Walked into that new Fuji shop around the corner from Mango Tree (Loi Kroh Road) on Kotchasarn road.. Looked and smelled VERY new. Cost was 5 baht per print if you print more than 30.

(I can find 4 baht per print, but will give this shop a try and see what the quality is like)

With printing my own I don't think I'd ever get down to 4-5 baht a print.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Why dont you print your own ?

Cost. :-)

Add to that laziness in my case. :D

For the few pictures that I may want to print I can't be bothered to do it myself and if I do want a big batch, I don't want to be bothered to do it myself.

I had some prints made in a Fuji shop at a mall in Penang last week and they came out well, picture-perfect. Demonstrates to me that quality digital prints can be made in a conventional shop. It was obvious from talking to the folks at that shop that they were trained well and actually knew what they were doing. Unfortunately, that is never the feeling I get from the local shops in Chiang Mai. :o