Fishing Fun

intumult

Took a friend and her son out to a small lake near NS for the afternoon.

While all around were hauling out the fish he had plenty of misses. After a few blanks and a long face, he caught a couple of nice sized fish that he struggled to reel in. That put the smile back on his face :o

See photo

All in all a good day, people around helped him get set up initially with equipment and bait and then we sort of blundered along a bit until we found some method in our madness. Well worth the couple of 100 Baht.

Ahhh, the simple pleasures in life always seem the best :D

post-51923-1196132637_thumb.jpg

Took a friend and her son out to a small lake near NS for the afternoon.

While all around were hauling out the fish he had plenty of misses. After a few blanks and a long face, he caught a couple of nice sized fish that he struggled to reel in. That put the smile back on his face :o

See photo

All in all a good day, people around helped him get set up initially with equipment and bait and then we sort of blundered along a bit until we found some method in our madness. Well worth the couple of 100 Baht.

Ahhh, the simple pleasures in life always seem the best :D

Looks like a genuine smiling face in the pic. :D

<br />I'll be up that way in a couple of months, could you tell me where that is?<br />I know Big C, Makro and the bar area around the big park with a lake in it, thats about it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'll drive out there in the next 2 days and take the 'Sat Nav' with me and get the name right before I post where it is.

The lake seems to be private but people can pay to fish there. For 2 rods and bait it cost me about 300 Baht - I wasn't really thinking about the cost at the time.

On Sundays it seems there is usually a competition on. Not speaking a lot of Thai, I cannot really say a lot more about it.

I do know those that catch the best fish use some additives :o

Take the road to Phitsanulok (117) from NS and as you head out of town go over the river bridge (3 lanes here).

A couple of hundred metres along on the right hand side you will see an Isuzu sign set back from the road a little way.

A few hundred metres further along on the left is a yellow sign with shrimps on it (don't blink or you will miss it!!) and a U turn on the right. You can see the small lake from the road.

Turn left here and down a very short dirt road and you are at the lake.

I did see 2 Farang fishing there today.

My Thai friend says she does not know the name of the place. The sat nav does not give it a name either.But those directions should get you there.

Beer, food and some fishing tackle available.

What more could you want LOL.

Thanks for the detailed directions, much appreciated.

I stay in Lansak, near Uthai Thani when in Thailand.

I will go to Nakon Sawan for a couple of days to get away for a while.

I will definetly get to the fishing park.

I'll be there in early Febuary.

• 1 month later...

I went to the park yesterday.

2 rods 2 buckets of bread, some water = 450bht.

Caught about 7 or 8 fish in the 3 to 4 kilo range. Good fighters and good fun. You are allowed to take 1 kilo of fish home but I dont know how that works unless you catch a 1 kilo fish.

Your directions were easy to follow, about 5 mins from Pimarn hotel.

Competition on Sundays, 590bht entry and 12000bht for biggest fish.

I also saw people fishing for shrimp, I didn't know you could catch them on a hook.

Thanks again for the info.

Good to hear you caught a few fish and had a good time and I am happy the directions were OK :o

I did see people 'fishing' for shrimps in the tank as they sat and had a beer or two and some food. Whatever you catch is put in a bag and you can take them home.

As for taking 1 kilo of fish home with you, maybe four or five people have to divi 1 fish up LOL

12,000 baht is a decent prize. I knew they had the competition but had no idea of the rules.

Happy fishing :D