'authentic' Tex Mex In Hh/ca?

klikster

Does anyone know a place to get "close to authentic" TexMex in Cha am or Hua hin? I'm talking about the Arizona, New Mexico, Texas border variety. Even a really good bowl of chile might temporarily sate my craving. :o

Edited by klikster

Does anyone know a place to get "close to authentic" TexMex in Cha am or Hua hin? I'm talking about the Arizona, New Mexico, Texas border variety. Even a really good bowl of chile might temporarily sate my craving. :o

Not sure why you posted this in SME forum, contact a moderator via PM function or post again here if you want it moved to "Westen food in Thailand" forum.

To answer your question, I went to a pretty good Mexican / Texan restauarant in HH about two months ago. Right near Sofitel on the Soi that goes back to the main road. Happy to recomend this place, however, can't for the life of me remember the name.

They sell jalapeno's buy the bucket load.... :D

Cheers,

Soundman.

Does anyone know a place to get "close to authentic" TexMex in Cha am or Hua hin? I'm talking about the Arizona, New Mexico, Texas border variety. Even a really good bowl of chile might temporarily sate my craving. :D

Not sure why you posted this in SME forum,

Soundman.

Hi Soundman .. dementia would be my best guess. Sorry. :o

If a moderator would be so kind as to move this to the HH/Ca forum I would appreciate it.

I'm glad to hear there is or was a Mexican food joint in Hua Hin, and sorry if I missed it in the year I was there. It's a small niche market that even a giant place like Chiang Mai finds difficult to fill (now we have Miguel's and Salsa Kitchen, and more).

So, who knows the name of this place, or a more clear location of it? Is there an aficiando/lover/conneissuer of fine food who can tell us if this is California style, New Mexico, Texan :o, or some region of Mexico?

There will be a new Mexican restaurant opening in the Night Market area- just down from Night and Day Massage. It's called "Baja Tacos"- will be run by a New Yorker. I stopped in when I saw the sign the other day, got a free taste test- excellent! It should be open in a week or two.

There will be a new Mexican restaurant opening in the Night Market area- just down from Night and Day Massage. It's called "Baja Tacos"- will be run by a New Yorker. I stopped in when I saw the sign the other day, got a free taste test- excellent! It should be open in a week or two.

Yes I also saw the Baja Tacos place, painted yellow outside. Talked to a few people who know the owner-cook, he has a real liking for authentic mexican food, has been cooking for years. He'll also be making handmade tortias, which sound interesting, much better then the store bought variety. They should be open close to a week, so look for the grand opening very shortly. I've been assured he'll have killer food!

Mexican food fan- :o

"Baja tacos" .. the term, not the place .. could hopefully mean fish tacos. Yum!

Edited by klikster

I'm glad to hear there is or was a Mexican food joint in Hua Hin, and sorry if I missed it in the year I was there. It's a small niche market that even a giant place like Chiang Mai finds difficult to fill (now we have Miguel's and Salsa Kitchen, and more).

So, who knows the name of this place, or a more clear location of it? Is there an aficiando/lover/conneissuer of fine food who can tell us if this is California style, New Mexico, Texan :o , or some region of Mexico?

The food was very good, however, not being a connosuer of mexican food, I couldn't tell whether it was texan or mexican. :D I did try five different dishes, more out of interest than eating capacity & all were good.

Almost directly opposite the Sofitel main carpark entrance, but about another hundred yards down that road (Naresdarmi ?) in the kao Takiep direction. On the RHS, next to a french restaurant.

Met the owner - happy chap.

So, who knows the name of this place, or a more clear location of it? Is there an aficiando/lover/conneissuer of fine food who can tell us if this is California style, New Mexico, Texan :o , or some region of Mexico?

The food was very good, however, not being a connosuer of mexican food, I couldn't tell whether it was texan or mexican. :D I did try five different dishes, more out of interest than eating capacity & all were good.

Almost directly opposite the Sofitel main carpark entrance, but about another hundred yards down that road (Naresdarmi ?) in the kao Takiep direction. On the RHS, next to a french restaurant.

Hi

Its called the California Cantina, 50m down(south) of the main entrance to the Sofitel. The guy that run's it is called Dave, nice amical American, lived in Hua Hin for about 15year's. they do a children's plate also, nice atmosphere.

If you want a proper steak, this is it.

Hi

Its called the California Cantina, 50m down(south) of the main entrance to the Sofitel. The guy that run's it is called Dave, nice amical American, lived in Hua Hin for about 15year's. they do a children's plate also, nice atmosphere.

If you want a proper steak, this is it.

• 1 month later...

tried the tex mex at the night market good food good prices,hope its does well just what the town needs,also try the new pizza shop on chomsin road by buffloes bills,pizza slice 45b,calzones at 55b, 14inc pizza from 200b eat in or take away,free delivery in the hua hin area including tikieb area.fast and on time