Big Fish

thaipete

I have recently purchased a Hummingbird GPS fish finder for my boat, I normally go from the mainland near to Koh Samet/Koh Mun there is some good fishing around there especially going out to sea a little farther some monster swordfish Spanish mackerel and shark, I have been told there are also marlin around there.

When I find an area that has great fish I can record and return to the spot but as yet I cannot find a download of maps of the area to install on the unit, does anyone know?

Also I used to have nautical maps of the area from the admiralty which I bought in Amsterdam those are gone does anyone know where they can be purchased on line?

• 1 year later...
I have recently purchased a Hummingbird GPS fish finder for my boat, I normally go from the mainland near to Koh Samet/Koh Mun there is some good fishing around there especially going out to sea a little farther some monster swordfish Spanish mackerel and shark, I have been told there are also marlin around there.

When I find an area that has great fish I can record and return to the spot but as yet I cannot find a download of maps of the area to install on the unit, does anyone know?

Also I used to have nautical maps of the area from the admiralty which I bought in Amsterdam those are gone does anyone know where they can be purchased on line?

Swordfish are not found in the gulf, it's too shallow. They arn't really found in any Thai waters, you need water over 500, deep and to find that it's around 20hrs from mainland. Most of gulf is no more than 80m deep Marlin can be caught tho usually under 50kg.