Building A House A Different Way

Bpraim1

Hi guys

I am looking at building a house but not sure on the following please can any of you help in providing any information

Please recommend a location I am looking for a large beachfront property

Any advice on environmental considerations as I don’t want the house to be flooded.

A house builder who can do traditional block work as appose to steel or timber frame.

I own and run a internet business how easy is it to get high speed broadband to the plot of land

Any costs per square meter for land and build costs.

Any other information you may consider to be helpful.

many thanks to anyone who can provide any information

portsmouth, scumampton, cows. maybe.lol.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just come across this thread, interesting to say the least

A couple of comments

Steel housing is a great idea if it suits a hot climate like Australia, I can't see why it wouldn't suit Thailand.

Steel framed housing can be built up on stilts, my cousins old place was a pole house on the side of a hill, all steel construction and the flooring was fibre board which had tiles or floating timber flooring over the top.

If anyone has had the misfortune of having there house eaten out by termites they will tell you steel is the only way to go.

This style of housing is not second rate, its cost effective, energy efficient and stands up to cyclones etc very well if constructed properly.

I happen to have some beautiful beach front property in Loei province. It is available for the right price. I could also arrange to have a beautiful villa built for you if you can afford it. If interested, I will send you my banking details.

What a joke! Fortunately I am retired and have a lot of time to play games.

• 7 months later...

Any photos of this home with the yard planted? How are the electric bills? I was also interested in a couple of photos of that "different" fence. I have to give the builder credit for building a home so different from the vast majority of the homes in Issan.

Hello,

Yard is come'n around. Been on holidays so just starting to get going on the house and yard. As for power have not had a bill over 1200bt yet. Runnig two Aircons 9,000btu and 24,000 btu, two fridges, computer, tv, two water pumps and Hydroponic garden. Spraying foam and adding another layer of insulation is paying off. Both in sound dampening and energy costs. Had a few problems at the end of the build and ended up finishing it myself. Just finished to install automatic gate and intercom. So slowly getting there.

Should be all good in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats your overall view of the builder?? I have ask this same mob for a quote on our house.

You say n your last post "added another layer of insulation", What was the original foam thickness as well as what is the "added layer".

Also you mentioned about a few problems at the end of the build??? Could you expand on this comment. Problem with builder, material design??

I like the pics, keep up the good work.

Also your electric bill is less than Mom's, she has a new Thai house, brick ( I swear you could cook an egg on the interior west walls in the afternoon) no windows just screens and wooden shutters, 2 aircons for the bedrooms , house size 60 sqmeter.