BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Bpraim1

Building A House A Different Way

I have started to build my house over the last couple weeks and here I the progress so far, lots left to go.

No bricks and no wood ( well some wood but just cosmetics ).

I have been useing a contractor that has built houses in Australia and New Zealand, over the last 10 years. There family has been in the home building business for 27 years plus. www.freshflowservice.com website will be updated very soon to include more english information.

I highly recommend them to anyone that wants to build a house.

There work also comes with a Guarantee 5 years plus longer on steel used, for walls and roof!

And no hidden fees after the price is settled. Best of all they speak english and no translation is needed to get in the way.

My house should be finished by Christmas time, anyone in the area are welcome to stop and check it out.

I am in Baan Kram, it is on the 24 hwy very close to Khun Han,Srisaket

If you want more info please call

0859049969 Peter

I live in ban siwilai, just south and east of khunhan on the hiway to khmer. where are you from there?

Ayj

I am north og Khun Han on the 24 hwy.I'm Baan kram.

ChangMai Insulation is Pu foam Closed cell 37kg/per m3 and Acoustic Batt at 40kg per m3

Pu foam is used to seal the house from air and moisture movement through the walls, along with giving the best C-R rateing availible on the market. Acoustic batt is used in the interior walls for sound dampening and in the ceiling/ roof line to work with the Pu Foam. This combo in the roof will leave me with a R-37 rateing. In the outer walls I will also use a combo of PuFoam and Acoustic batt But in smaller measurements as I only have 4'' in the wall cavity.So walls with only carry about an R-20 rateing.

This rateing may sound small but is a true rateing in realy world useage, remember Fibreglass is tested in a controled enviro. No wind, moisture or gapes (Ie the ones you get at the end and joints).

Its not alternative.

And I do not believe it is cooler than concrete/stone if the concrete/stone house is built properly, any house NOT built propely will be hot and stuffy etc.

it will be definitely cooler as most of the wall mass is nothing but "covers" and insulation. the mass of the steel stucture which might heat up and radiate is negligible if insulated from outside ambient temperature and IR-radiation.

sorry mate, but the expression "any house NOT built propely will be hot and stuffy etc." is nothing but a layman's term without any tangible facts.

:o

Ok Boys, I am off tomorrow to continue my adventure in house building! Will be back in two weeks for a photo update.

hi bp

i am a chippy in oz and have had experience with steel frames in the past and reckon there great ,and the place looks really good from the photos ,

good luck and all the best mate .

Ayj

I am north og Khun Han on the 24 hwy.I'm Baan kram.

ChangMai Insulation is Pu foam Closed cell 37kg/per m3 and Acoustic Batt at 40kg per m3

Pu foam is used to seal the house from air and moisture movement through the walls, along with giving the best C-R rateing availible on the market. Acoustic batt is used in the interior walls for sound dampening and in the ceiling/ roof line to work with the Pu Foam. This combo in the roof will leave me with a R-37 rateing. In the outer walls I will also use a combo of PuFoam and Acoustic batt But in smaller measurements as I only have 4'' in the wall cavity.So walls with only carry about an R-20 rateing.

This rateing may sound small but is a true rateing in realy world useage, remember Fibreglass is tested in a controled enviro. No wind, moisture or gapes (Ie the ones you get at the end and joints).

could i call you and perhaps come and see your house? it sounds extremely practical for this climate.

tony

Ayjaydee

Yes of course! I have had a small change in plans so will be in Bkk till Sunday. So anytime monday on is good.

0859049969 peter

what's the cost per square meter?

Yeah, what's the cost per square metre? The unanswered question....wonder why?

what's the cost per square meter?

Yeah, what's the cost per square metre? The unanswered question....wonder why?

Wrong!!! See post #5

I REALLY like the idea of PU foam filled side walls. I'm curious how they totally fill the cavity. With all the horizontal stiffening pieces between the studs, how does the foam fill the entire wall? It appears they would have to spray the foam in before the interior wall covering is put on.

Gary

Yes the Foam is sprayed in. After the outer wall, windows, electric, and plumbing are completed. The cavity is sprayed to thickness required. Then after dry can be shaved to to fit flush with wall studs. If you have space, it can be left open or filled with fiberglass batt, As I will do. Pu spray foam is great as it sticks to just about everything. And leaves no gapes or pockets for air/moisture to pass through. But is 2 to 3 times more expencive then Fiberglass batt. And packes an R6.88 rateing a 1'' thickness.

Gary

Yes the Foam is sprayed in. After the outer wall, windows, electric, and plumbing are completed. The cavity is sprayed to thickness required. Then after dry can be shaved to to fit flush with wall studs. If you have space, it can be left open or filled with fiberglass batt, As I will do. Pu spray foam is great as it sticks to just about everything. And leaves no gapes or pockets for air/moisture to pass through. But is 2 to 3 times more expencive then Fiberglass batt. And packes an R6.88 rateing a 1'' thickness.

Hmm.. I see all this talk of 6000 or 7000B per square metre, for metal frames, plastic injection..whatever,

A more robust construction, with slightly more character can be done for the same.... why bother with "cheap" construction methods better suited to the Australian Outback?

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/cthpics/displ...m=13&pos=19

John

Ayjaydee

Yes of course! I have had a small change in plans so will be in Bkk till Sunday. So anytime monday on is good.

0859049969 peter

ill call when youre back. cheers