Route 65

For those who use the 65.000 Thb route for "retirement" visa, we all know now that our proof of income (Affidavit) has to been "confirmed" by our embassy(consulate).

Among 26 others (I think), Belgium is a member of the United Europe .

I am a belgian citizen(Belgium still exist ), does the Affidavit has to been confirmed by the belgian embassy or can it been confirmed by the embassy(consulate) of one of the members of the United Europe?

As far as I know there are 5 consulates in Pattaya/Jomtien which are member of the United Europe : Denmark, France, Hungary, Sweden, U.K. .

Any idea if one of these consulates can "confirm" the Affidavit and if this is accepted by the immigration ?

If this is the case a lot of us(not only belgians) will not have to do the Bangkok trip anymore.

Luke . You probably have had no replies as no one has heard of this. I take it you are refering to the European Union.

I have never read hear of anyone doing this. I would have thought not.

Sorry not much help.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

European Union of course :o

so far maybe no one is doing this, but maybe not a bad idea if realisable.

Thanks for your answer.

At least in theory some of EU countries are responcible to offer limited consular services on behalf of others . But it is most likely on prearranged basis, so with Belgian embassy, not being in another country, but merely 2 hours away, it may not work.. But you may always try, all it'll cost is a phone call

And you have what countries passport? Immigration with be matching your passport/paper.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On the front of my passport it is mention : "European Union"

in the 3 national languages of Belgium

and then "Belgium"

(again in the 3 national languages)

On my Affidavit there is a sticker mentionning :"Seen for the legislation of the signature of Mr....."

"This legislation does not guarantee the authencity of the content of the document"

in french and flemisch

and a stamp and signature of the belgian embassy and the vice-consul.

So in fact the embassy just confirm that I am the owner of my passport.

Anyway I will contact the relevant authorities and let TV know the results.

For those who use the 65.000 Thb route for "retirement" visa, we all know now that our proof of income (Affidavit) has to been "confirmed" by our embassy(consulate).

Among 26 others (I think), Belgium is a member of the United Europe .

I am a belgian citizen(Belgium still exist ), does the Affidavit has to been confirmed by the belgian embassy or can it been confirmed by the embassy(consulate) of one of the members of the United Europe?

As far as I know there are 5 consulates in Pattaya/Jomtien which are member of the United Europe : Denmark, France, Hungary, Sweden, U.K. .

Any idea if one of these consulates can "confirm" the Affidavit and if this is accepted by the immigration ?

If this is the case a lot of us(not only belgians) will not have to do the Bangkok trip anymore.

The Belgium Embassy might do it by post, saving you a trip to Bangkok. I know the UK Embassy does.

Let us know if they do, it might be the easiest solution for a lot of us

I went to the Belgian embassy (consulate) in Bangkok.

Showed EEG document (have income fron several countries) dated 2003, needed to show bank statement proving I still get that income each month.

Cost 500 baht, got it in less than 30 minutes.

Short trip to Bangkok no?

Received an "answer" from the belgium embassy :

" We have no consulate in Thailand, you have to come to Bangkok for all legalisations."

:o

This was not my question.

I know a belgian guy in Surin who went to a consulate of a EU country, I forgot which one, have to ask him next time I see him,and got the legalisation.

Maybe they did not check at the local immigration,anyway he received his one year "retirement visa".

The EEC, EU or whatever you call it, is not as "united" as the OP seem to think.

If the income is from Belgium, then I the confirmation should come from that embassy.

PS EEG is a medical abreviation, Electro EncephaloGraph. :o

The EEC, EU or whatever you call it, is not as "united" as the OP seem to think.

If the income is from Belgium, then I the confirmation should come from that embassy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am afraid you are right, we are not yet so far in the EU. :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS EEG is a medical abreviation, Electro EncephaloGraph. :o

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Graph or Gram ? :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EEG : Europese Economische Gemeenschap (Dutch) :D