Yellow Tabien Bahn

sorry to hear that you came across a moron such as this.

Here is a picture of one in this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...2&hl=yellow. Officially, they are called a Tor. Ror 13 (see top right hand corner.

take it to show him. He probably wants a bribe from you. Bloody hill billies.

If he wants to know why you want one, tell him you need it as an offical Thai ID to show you have residency in Thailand, to open bank accounts etc etc, and that it is needed for applying for Thai citizenship which you hope to apply for one day.

To get a liscence i was told to be in the BLUE book & as for the bank account an official noticed i was putting large sums into a bangkok branch bank & not issan so he said bring your passbook & you can have one here in your name.

Oh yes I also was asked why i wanted to be in book & i said i needed to get thai lisence. but i got the impression that she was`t happy about it as she gave me a bit of a frown as we were leaving :)

To get a liscence i was told to be in the BLUE book & as for the bank account an official noticed i was putting large sums into a bangkok branch bank & not issan so he said bring your passbook & you can have one here in your name.

Oh yes I also was asked why i wanted to be in book & i said i needed to get thai lisence. but i got the impression that she was`t happy about it as she gave me a bit of a frown as we were leaving :)

No Farang can be in the blue book - You can have a blue book for example if you a Farang/Farang couple and own a freehold Farang quota condominium but your name(s) are not in it. Actually in this case the key document is the Chanott ti din (odd large sized bit of parchment paper cannot be easily potocopied as it is larger that US legal size) . This does have your name(s) on it, and this is the document that carries weight - for opening bank accounts etc.

Edited by pkrv
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I live in a small town in Sa Kaeo province. Before I lived in a student building in Khon Kaen. Aware of the fact that the owner of the place where you live is responsible for reporting the whereabouts of a farang staying under his roof, I told the landlord to do whatever was necessary. I never knew whether he did anything about it.

After I came to live in Sa Kaeo, I did not want the mother of my Thai gf to have problems. I live in the house of the parents of my gf, we are not legally married. So, one day we went to the town hall, I had to go back to get some passport pictures. The man in the amphoe asked my gf was I a good man, did I have other gf's etc. After lunch break I came out of the amphoe with a yellow book. The only document I have shown was my passport, my visa and the blue book of my gf's parents.

The yellow book appears to be about as of much use as a chocolate tea pot.

If you are serious about Thailand then the Blue Book (and as Farangs your names are not going to be in it) and Chanott ti din (with your name(s) on it) are the definitive documents for property ownership. Full stop.

• 3 months later...
The yellow book appears to be about as of much use as a chocolate tea pot.

If you are serious about Thailand then the Blue Book (and as Farangs your names are not going to be in it) and Chanott ti din (with your name(s) on it) are the definitive documents for property ownership. Full stop.

It saves you having to get letters confirming where you live (at some cost i might add) and also helps when applying for driving licence, once youve got the driving licence it also helps get lower price at places such as NONG NOOCH park 100 baht instead of 400 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Wife (Thai Marriage Certificate) - also registred in my Farang Country.

Two children (both Thai and Farang Passports).

Official address in Thailand - 90 days reports and registered in my Farang Country.

House - in my wifes's name and on her land - I don't want the shit.

Five years drivers licence.

Living place: Jangwat Nong Khai.

Car: 1 - in my wife's name.

Pension.

Non Imm. O Visa Thai Wife

Married for four years - things are getting ugly.

My wife says she will take our two children to the 'anuban' (kindergarden, nursery) on a Honda Wave in the rainy season - the road is 11 km. dirt-shit and deadly. So I have to buy one more car.

As the marriage is slowly breaking down - I want the two cars in my name. The house and the rubber garden she can keep. Also I pay alimony - before it was once a month - but she is so stupid with money that I now pay for the needs of the children weekly (in addition to health insurance, schooling, electricity, .......).

She has agreed to let the 'old' car (3 years) be transferred to my name. I also want the new car in my name (so I can sell them when she has drained the last Satang out of me).

Has anybody any experience from Jangwat Nong Khai? What do I need to get the Yellow Book - or do I really need it to transfer the two cars into my name?

Thanks.

Philo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny how different experinces can be in accomplishing things here. Got mine about six months ago, did the reearch provided the proper doucments and brought the witness on the first trip issued the next day. With very little problems at all. But that was Udon.

Different experiences… How true, I live in Mae Taeng, just north of Chiangmai, went to amphoe with just passport and driving license, It all took less than an hour to get yellow book. It just shows it an’t the rules, it’s the rule enforcers not knowing how to do their job, and trying to save face, and blowing you off! Now getting electric in my name and opening a bank account at my local branch (1st falange to open an account there) they still have ALL my details in full view pined to the wall by the help counter….I think to show other farang what they need to open an account! Talk about data protection. Go Thailand!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody had any experience getting the yellow book from the Prakanong District Office?

Yep I was there last week and it was a nicer office than Wattana! Fully air-conditioned and friendly staff.

The guy told me to bring

- My passport with visa + copies thereof

- The original title deed for the property

- Thai driving licence if I have one + copy

- 2 Thai citizens to "guarantee" for me.

Then it turns out that my property falls under the jurisdiction of Wattana.

When I got to Wattana, the story changed and not in my favour.

Wattana want

- certified translation of copy of my passport + thai visa.

- title deed

- Thai driving licence if I have one + copy

no "guarantors" were mentioned at this office but getting the certified translation of my passport and visa is a huge pain in the ass.

Anyway. jai yen yen and I will get the paper and go back (to Wattana) in a week or so to get the yellow book.

Why do I need the yellow book ? a) my gf wants to be on my tabien baan and B) i am sick of paying my embassy over 1000 Baht every year to provide a letter saying that I live here so i can renew the driving licence. My visa doesn't allow for a 5 year driving license so the Tabien Baan is helpful indeed. My bank manager also said that he can cut me a visa card even without a WP if I can bring a yellow tabien baan (most branches wouldnt even open an account for me previously).

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. When my house is finally completed next year, it will be transferred to my son who will get a new blue house registration book and be listed as the home owner. My wife will also be listed as living at the same address. As such, when they do the blue book, I will do the yellow one at the same time with my son and wife acting as my witnesses.

It would seem that the yellow book is more useful than I first thought. I am only getting one because it is a required document for citizenship applicants, and I hope to file my application in the next year or two.

Thanks for the info. When my house is finally completed next year, it will be transferred to my son who will get a new blue house registration book and be listed as the home owner. My wife will also be listed as living at the same address. As such, when they do the blue book, I will do the yellow one at the same time with my son and wife acting as my witnesses.

It would seem that the yellow book is more useful than I first thought. I am only getting one because it is a required document for citizenship applicants, and I hope to file my application in the next year or two.

Just a caveat: I don't know how old your son is... I think the witness needs to be 20 years old or above.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to get yellow book in phuphaman yesterday,

Took the right paperwork as mentioned in here.

The extra's required where-married for 5 years(passed that)

Had to take gumyarn and mayor and a police officer or teacher.

As explained to me the mayor is my garantor so any trouble and he has the right to cancel the book.

The paperwork was completed and sent to their boss for approval,should be back in 2-3 weeks.

I got the feeling that there not that keen to do it as there's alot of paperwork involved and to many farangs have done the dirty on the system before.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine from the Klong Toei district office last month.

I am not married and single.

Ended up not needing any guarantor and it was issued free of charge.

They wanted my chanote, translated and certified copies of passport and visa and the blue tabien baan for my place (with nobody's name in it) and that was it.

Had pre-booked meeting with the lady who oversees the district office and she made me sign some forms and checked that my name was spelt in Thai script in the same way on the passport translation as on the chanote.

Then she sent me to a guy who asked me some questions, mainly asking me to confirm if I live at the place indicated on the chanote and what my parent's names are. He then put them into Thai script and asked me to wait 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the yellow tabien baan was handed to me. No charge.

To summarize:

Farang, single, not married. Have chanote for my condo and a blue tabien baan for my condo (but my name can't be in it). Have yellow tabien baan with my name in it.

They told me that if a Thai person were to live with me at my condo I could go to the district office and have that person entered into the blue tabien baan.

I got mine from the Klong Toei district office last month.

I am not married and single.

Ended up not needing any guarantor and it was issued free of charge.

They wanted my chanote, translated and certified copies of passport and visa and the blue tabien baan for my place (with nobody's name in it) and that was it.

Had pre-booked meeting with the lady who oversees the district office and she made me sign some forms and checked that my name was spelt in Thai script in the same way on the passport translation as on the chanote.

Then she sent me to a guy who asked me some questions, mainly asking me to confirm if I live at the place indicated on the chanote and what my parent's names are. He then put them into Thai script and asked me to wait 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the yellow tabien baan was handed to me. No charge.

To summarize:

Farang, single, not married. Have chanote for my condo and a blue tabien baan for my condo (but my name can't be in it). Have yellow tabien baan with my name in it.

They told me that if a Thai person were to live with me at my condo I could go to the district office and have that person entered into the blue tabien baan.

Just in case nobody has mentioned it. I have my name in my condo blue book. Added at once when I got my residency. Those of you who have mentioned applying for citizenship, I would think that getting residency first is a much bigger advantage than having a yellow book. In fact I was often told that getting a Thai resident visa and having it for 5 years was a prerequisite for Thai citizenship but I am not sure that that is true.

Having recently obtained a yellow Tabien Bahn, I give my experience below.

My status is: unmarried, living in a house with a Thai partner. The land was bought 8 years ago, and the house subsequently built on this land. I have lived in this house, as a retiree, with my partner since then.

As previously stated, every Amphur office will have different requirements of what documents to produce etc. From reading previous posts, I got off lightly. My office only required a 'Letter of Residence' from the British Consulate, with official Thai translation of this letter only. Also: copies of my passport photo page and visa page; copies of my partners blue T.B. and ID card. A date was fixed for us to attend the office, bringing with us two Thai's from the Village as witnesses. The paperwork was completed during our visit. I wrote, in English, my Mother and Fathers names and education detais for them, they translated these details for the T.B. As no English was spoken in this office, a few questions were asked me via my partner, and all was finished within an hour.

One month later I collected my T.B. at no cost.

Having recently obtained a yellow Tabien Bahn, I give my experience below.

My status is: unmarried, living in a house with a Thai partner. The land was bought 8 years ago, and the house subsequently built on this land. I have lived in this house, as a retiree, with my partner since then.

As previously stated, every Amphur office will have different requirements of what documents to produce etc. From reading previous posts, I got off lightly. My office only required a 'Letter of Residence' from the British Consulate, with official Thai translation of this letter only. Also: copies of my passport photo page and visa page; copies of my partners blue T.B. and ID card. A date was fixed for us to attend the office, bringing with us two Thai's from the Village as witnesses. The paperwork was completed during our visit. I wrote, in English, my Mother and Fathers names and education detais for them, they translated these details for the T.B. As no English was spoken in this office, a few questions were asked me via my partner, and all was finished within an hour.

One month later I collected my T.B. at no cost.

Congratulation you had one of the easier experience.

No Farang can be in the blue book - You can have a blue book for example if you a Farang/Farang couple and own a freehold Farang quota condominium but your name(s) are not in it. Actually in this case the key document is the Chanott ti din (odd large sized bit of parchment paper cannot be easily potocopied as it is larger that US legal size) . This does have your name(s) on it, and this is the document that carries weight - for opening bank accounts etc.

Not 100% correct.

Farang with Permanent Resident status are given an ID number and then recorded in the blue tabien baan book and this is regardless of whether the farang is single or married to a Thai lady. Same is true whether it's the blue book for a house and land or a condo.

Perhaps it's also worth mentioning that when a farang receives letter sayinfg that Permananet Residence status has been granted, one of the next steps required (using the approval letter) is to record your (farang) name in a tabien baan book and then go to the local police station and have your name registered at that police station. The police will then issue a red 'police registration' book. The farang is then required to report after one year to same police station to get the police registration book updated (in other words the next report date shown in the book is one year hence (this is not an approval process, just get the book updated process, takes 5 minutes, costs about 800 Baht), when 12 months is near expiry, go again and the police will update the book showing that farang must report again in 5 years time. At Banglamung Police Station the police admin. staff take care of this, very professional, very focused, quick and feindly.

Edited by scorecard

Hi,

I'm starting the merry go round of getting a yellow book

I've got my passport translated into Thai but now I understand that the copy has to be stamped by the Thai embassy in Bangkok. This is a 1000km round trip for me.

Is there any way round this?

My mate didn't have to go through this but he lives out in the sticks.

Hi,

I'm starting the merry go round of getting a yellow book

I've got my passport translated into Thai but now I understand that the copy has to be stamped by the Thai embassy in Bangkok. This is a 1000km round trip for me.

Is there any way round this?

My mate didn't have to go through this but he lives out in the sticks.

First Thailand does not have an embassy in Bangkok.:lol: Your home country may. Second the requirement of translation depends on the amphur you are applying too. Mine did not require this but like I have said requirements change from amphur to amphur.

• 3 weeks later...

As explained to me the mayor is my garantor so any trouble and he has the right to cancel the book.

The paperwork was completed and sent to their boss for approval,should be back in 2-3 weeks.

I got the feeling that there not that keen to do it as there's alot of paperwork involved and to many farangs have done the dirty on the system before.

Went and picked up my book today,took a while and a bit of tea money but feeling alot better now.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Went and picked up my book today,took a while and a bit of tea money but feeling alot better now.:lol:

I found out about the yellow book on this forum and had a go at it last Tuesday at the local Amphur office.

I had a much easier time than most of the posts I've read.

I took a copy of my passport, ID photos, copy of marriage certificate, an offical letter of residence from the police, (a copy of the one to renew my driver's license) and a copy of the wife's ID, and blue book. The garantee signiture was provided by our Kamnan's son who is a army official at the amphur office so that was easy. The people there had never done a yellow book but three officials took a big interest in finding out how to do it. I had to fill out various forms about my parents, much like a visa for my wife at my countries embassy and then we sat around for about 4 hours while paperwork was filled in, checked, changed etc. After lunch my yellow book was completed but needed an official signature. We were told to come back on Friday to pick it up, so we left. Later that night the kamnan's son came by the house and delivered my signed yellow book. No tea money required and everyone was extremely helpful

It obviously helps that this is way up north in a small village and we have lived here a long time and we are both well known at the amphur office, but my experience was very easy compared to some folks

Edited by kwonitoy

• 5 weeks later...

Has anybody done this (gotten a yellow TB) in Prachinburi?

I'm going to be buying a new car soon and trying to figure out if it will be m ore hassle to try to get this (and thus have it for future needs) or just get a certificate of residence..?

• 1 month later...

Has anybody done this (gotten a yellow TB) in Prachinburi?

I'm going to be buying a new car soon and trying to figure out if it will be m ore hassle to try to get this (and thus have it for future needs) or just get a certificate of residence..?

Sheryl

How'd it go, did you try the Yellow Tambien Ban there at Prachin?

FYI, I've only used mine at the local DMV when renewing my 5-year driving permit, handy that day. Haven't yet been to a national park were they wanted extra baht for a farang.

Mac

I found out about the yellow book on this forum and had a go at it last Tuesday at the local Amphur office.

I had a much easier time than most of the posts I've read.

I took a copy of my passport, ID photos, copy of marriage certificate, an offical letter of residence from the police, (a copy of the one to renew my driver's license) and a copy of the wife's ID, and blue book. The garantee signiture was provided by our Kamnan's son who is a army official at the amphur office so that was easy. The people there had never done a yellow book but three officials took a big interest in finding out how to do it. I had to fill out various forms about my parents, much like a visa for my wife at my countries embassy and then we sat around for about 4 hours while paperwork was filled in, checked, changed etc. After lunch my yellow book was completed but needed an official signature. We were told to come back on Friday to pick it up, so we left. Later that night the kamnan's son came by the house and delivered my signed yellow book. No tea money required and everyone was extremely helpful

It obviously helps that this is way up north in a small village and we have lived here a long time and we are both well known at the amphur office, but my experience was very easy compared to some folks

Heck, when I got my Yellow Book a few years ago here in western Bangkok within the first month of the wife and I arriving Thailand, it took us about an hour and a half in the local khet (amphur) office. And that hour and half was mostly taken up by the khet official writing various things on various forms and getting the machine to work properly to print out the yellow book. No tea money involved. Summary: walked into the office with required forms/documents...about an 1.5 hours later walked out with a Yellow Book.

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that the yellow book also entitles you to free (Or Thai price) treatment at government hospitals.

Does anyone have experience of this?

I have just been issued with the small yellow card that I'm told entitles me to free hospital treatment.. I was issued this because I have a yellow tb.

Totster :D