College Football

The BCS has been a mess this year. Now that Mizzou and West Virginia choked out of the big game, who is in? Looks like Ohio State ( BOOOO, over rated conference) and.. Oklahoma?? LSU?? USC? All 2 loss teams but conference champions in tough conferences. My vote is probably LSU. 2 triple OT loses. Thoughts???

If ever there was a case for a playoff system, this year is it.

LSU will crush the Suckeyes.

I strongly doubt it given that LSU has become very easy to score on. In their two losses they have given up 43 points to Kentucky and 50 points to Arkansas (both in triple OT). Expect a high scoring game.

As you noted, those were triple OT games where scores get padded. LSU played 7 teams that were ranked in the top 20 in their 13 games. Ohio State padded their record with the likes of Youngstown State, Akron and Kent St.

I just can't wait for bowl season!!

LSU will crush the Suckeyes.

I strongly doubt it given that LSU has become very easy to score on. In their two losses they have given up 43 points to Kentucky and 50 points to Arkansas (both in triple OT). Expect a high scoring game.

As you noted, those were triple OT games where scores get padded. LSU played 7 teams that were ranked in the top 20 in their 13 games. Ohio State padded their record with the likes of Youngstown State, Akron and Kent St.

I just can't wait for bowl season!!

LSU has had much better teams in recent past. Remember, from last year's team alone they lost three first round picks to the NFL, including two that went in the top 10 (Russell to Oakland and Landry to the Redskins). Apart from Dorsey, they are much weaker this year, but I don't know a lot about Ohio State. LSU is lucky they didn't get matched against either Oklahoma or USC. It should be a good game, and normally the BCS championship is televised in Bangkok.

Trojan alumnus or not, I don't think USC deserved to get into the national championship game this year - but I am happy they managed to get into the Rose Bowl. And LSU should also consider themselves lucky.

However, USC-Illinois is probably going to be boring. I would rather have seen USC-Oklahoma play for a shadow championship or something :o

Though I think the BCS system is flawed - I believe it is probably better than having a bunch of coaches pick who deserves to be in the national championship or not. And I would also support a playoff system which leads to the national championship being played the week before the Super Bowl or something.

Edited by onethailand

Love to see USC-Oklahoma again. I'm sure this game would be better then the last one. USC will crush Ill.

Yes, the OU WU looks like one of the best games also maybe the Texas and AZ St. in the Holiday Bowl might be a good one also. Love to see Hawaii beat the Dogs.

Love to see USC-Oklahoma again... Love to see Hawaii beat the Dogs.

Yep, I think USC-Oklahoma would be a classic and awesome matchup...too bad its not in the cards this year. As for the Sugar Bowl, I am naturally cheering for UH to win but Georgia will be a tough opponent. After all, they were candidates for the BCS Championship (ranked 4rh before Missouri and West Virginia lost) that got left out of the mix. Time for Colt Brennan to step up and show his Heisman type statistics.... Go Bows!!!