Timeshare Company Caught Bribing The Police !

pk1

Well a big congratulations to the Absolute Sea Pearl for pulling off the biggest bribe yet in the Phuket timeshare saga. And the big wooden spoon award going to the Patong police for falling for it !

Well done the new Chief ! Now all the poor tourists unfortunate enough to have been at the hands of these timeshare scammers can see you for what you are. Your supposed to be protecting the tourists from these fraudsters, not condoning it by taking bribes... sorry "gifts" in the shape of cheap & nasty motorbikes. All in return for allowing the illegal street touts to continue hassling innocent tourists into there timeshare scam, what a disgrace ! But still, well done to Absolute for what has to be a fine move. I guess that has saved you a small fortune in fines this high season. No doubt that part of the deal is that the police dont bother any of your illegal street touts with "Absolute" on there t-shirts ?

As for Phuket Gazette well done for glorifying this blatant bribe. You also should be ashamed of yourselves ! :o

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also tried to download the latest issue on the Gazette site but I cant. I think Phuket Gazette dont let you view the recent one until a certain ammount of time, of course they have to sell papers 1st so its understandable.

I have seen it in the hard newspaper though and I have to say it really is a huge embarrassment for the police. They probably dont realise what they are doing !

Feeling generous so I'll help out this first-time poster and decipher some of his cryptic message for the public...

It's a very brief news report contained within this video:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/tv/details.as...;from=lastvisit

After watching the video, I'd say that the title of this thread is totally misleading. Suggesting that Absolute Sea Pearl was "caught" bribing the police suggests that something clandestine and illegal has happened, which is clearly not the case.

All the brass, boys in blue of all ranks have just gotten promotions. There's nothing but celebrating and arrogance behind the scenes these days.

Despite that, a customer of ours got a ticket today. The fine 400B, but the receipt only said 300B. Phuket's as bad as ever these days.

They have been getting away with it for years in Pattaya - but personally i have little sypathy for the brain dead who fall for such a scam. Quite disturbing how stupid people can be - bless them!

Who has been getting away with what in Pattaya for years ?

Naka.

Well a big congratulations to the Absolute Sea Pearl for pulling off the biggest bribe yet in the Phuket timeshare saga. And the big wooden spoon award going to the Patong police for falling for it !

Well done the new Chief ! Now all the poor tourists unfortunate enough to have been at the hands of these timeshare scammers can see you for what you are. Your supposed to be protecting the tourists from these fraudsters, not condoning it by taking bribes... sorry "gifts" in the shape of cheap & nasty motorbikes. All in return for allowing the illegal street touts to continue hassling innocent tourists into there timeshare scam, what a disgrace ! But still, well done to Absolute for what has to be a fine move. I guess that has saved you a small fortune in fines this high season. No doubt that part of the deal is that the police dont bother any of your illegal street touts with "Absolute" on there t-shirts ?

As for Phuket Gazette well done for glorifying this blatant bribe. You also should be ashamed of yourselves ! :o

Thai culture, dont ya just love it ,.

Does this thread have a point or is it just a ploy to get people to subscribe to the downloaded version of a local rag that is available for free just about anywhere on the island?

Since the OP has a grand total of 1 post and account was created on the day the thread was submitted one would suspect the latter.

For a forum with such a zealous team of mods with their big, shiny delete buttons the blatantly obvious seems to slip through far too often. But that's just my opinion, brought to you by my happily ad-blocked browser and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feeling generous so I'll help out this first-time poster and decipher some of his cryptic message for the public...

After watching the video, I'd say that the title of this thread is totally misleading. Suggesting that Absolute Sea Pearl was "caught" bribing the police suggests that something clandestine and illegal has happened, which is clearly not the case.

The point the OP is making is this "gift" was given for the sole purpose of the police allowing them to continue hassling tourists on the streets. I know someone who used to work for this timeshare company and it is in fact true about the heavy fines they pay year upon year, mainly due to the dozens of street workers they have working illegally with no work permits. And these are not small fines, apparently it was into the millions.

Although I agree that the heading of this thread might be a little over the top it is still an obvious bribe in my eyes !

Thanks Srirach john, at least now everyone can see the perpetrators responsible for this pathetic bribery ! Just remember those criminals in the back ground when you are unfortunate enough to be tricked into attending one of there presentations.

Ok, for people who are a little out of touch. This company is actually called Club Absolute, timeshare scam company from old. Had to change its name a while back when they were shut down and thrown out of the last resort they were in. Now they are hiding behind the Sea Pearls name to continue applying the scam. Its fast becoming one of the worst resorts to stay in now with all the foreigners in there banging on your door at silly hours of the morning.

Now that this company have practically been given the go-ahead by the Police to poison the streets of Patong for another season you need to be extra vigilant and on your guard. If you are confronted in the street by these scumbags with scratch cards walk away. They will try to convince you that you have won something like a holiday or a camera worth $1,000 but in actual fact you will get nothing, apart from 4 hours of hel_l and a wasted day of your holiday !

These illegal street bandits get paid a lot of money just to get you through the doors and will say ANYTHING ! Just remember, "scratch card = timeshare" ! If they persist or are abusive to you go to the Tourist police immediately.

Sorry slacklua, your response kind of confused me but yes, the thread does have a point. This is bribery at the highest level and is even more disgusting to see Phuket Gazette glorifying it. I just hope that someone takes this to the authorities such as the PTA or the TAT and see what they have to say about ! :o

Is there any link to a text-only version? As you might have guessed, bandwidth is crap in Thailand and I am loathe to watch any video... but I am interested in finding out more because I have a hotel contract with them and I do not want to be sending clients to places where they will get ripped off or unnecessarily bothered.

If Phuket Gazette stops providing me with current news, I will stop going to their website.

Meaning I will stop browsing their classifieds too, which, up until now, I did regularly.

I'm the typical customer... they'll lose lots of us.

According to this news report, it seems the road is doing it's fair share already...

One more tourist killed in an accident.

Roll 'em in!

Thanks Sriracha John, at least now everyone can see the perpetrators responsible for this pathetic bribery ! Just remember those criminals in the back ground when you are unfortunate enough to be tricked into attending one of there presentations.

Ok, for people who are a little out of touch. This company is actually called Club Absolute, timeshare scam company from old. Had to change its name a while back when they were shut down and thrown out of the last resort they were in. Now they are hiding behind the Sea Pearls name to continue applying the scam. Its fast becoming one of the worst resorts to stay in now with all the foreigners in there banging on your door at silly hours of the morning.

Now that this company have practically been given the go-ahead by the Police to poison the streets of Patong for another season you need to be extra vigilant and on your guard. If you are confronted in the street by these scumbags with scratch cards walk away. They will try to convince you that you have won something like a holiday or a camera worth $1,000 but in actual fact you will get nothing, apart from 4 hours of hel_l and a wasted day of your holiday !

These illegal street bandits get paid a lot of money just to get you through the doors and will say ANYTHING ! Just remember, "scratch card = timeshare" ! If they persist or are abusive to you go to the Tourist police immediately.

Sorry slacklua, your response kind of confused me but yes, the thread does have a point. This is bribery at the highest level and is even more disgusting to see Phuket Gazette glorifying it. I just hope that someone takes this to the authorities such as the PTA or the TAT and see what they have to say about ! :D

You're welcome. Just try to be more definitive in your future posts. For example, most of what you said in your second post should have been included in your first post. That way, it would have been much more clearer to readers what you were commenting on. :D

If you know of direct links to further your point (such as the one I posted) that further clarify matters you raise, by all means post it in your original post.

Oh, and one other thing... for regular posting, there's really no need to change fonts from the standard font. :D

Welcome to Thaivisa.

If Phuket Gazette stops providing me with current news, I will stop going to their website.

Meaning I will stop browsing their classifieds too, which, up until now, I did regularly.

According to this news report, it seems the road is doing it's fair share already...

One more tourist killed in an accident.

Roll 'em in!

and in a near classic manner too, Tony. :D

The German swerved out of the way to avoid an oncoming vehicle that was travelling in his lane. The other vehicle was in the process of passing another vehicle. The German's car then runs off the road and crashes, killing him. :bah:

Edited by sriracha john

Has anyone bought Timeshare at Absolute? Why is it a scam? What is the cost & what exactly do you get if you buy into this programme? OK the police have been taking bribes, what is new but Timeshare can be enjoyed by millions the world over. Replies from unhappy customers of ABSOLUTE only would be appreciated.

Has anyone bought Timeshare at Absolute? Why is it a scam? What is the cost & what exactly do you get if you buy into this programme? OK the police have been taking bribes, what is new but Timeshare can be enjoyed by millions the world over. Replies from unhappy customers of ABSOLUTE only would be appreciated.

Pothai, you get nothing ! Only 1 week in the resort in which you pay a yearly "management" fee, a fee which is more than double what you would pay if you went direct or through a hotel booking site. The upfront fee you pay simply goes down the drain !

Sorry but im not an unhappy customer, but this is generally the case with timeshare scams.

I am surprised as the restaurant I work, I have talked with 3 different people that are very happy. They have been to Phuket more than 2 times befor & other places in the world with Absolute. They said it is good value, that is why I am so suprised with your reply. I hear talk of bad timeshare a long time ago, that is why it would be interesting to hear views of actual customers from Absolute.

The CIA are watching you, too.

Does this thread have a point or is it just a ploy to get people to subscribe to the downloaded version of a local rag that is available for free just about anywhere on the island?

Since the OP has a grand total of 1 post and account was created on the day the thread was submitted one would suspect the latter.

For a forum with such a zealous team of mods with their big, shiny delete buttons the blatantly obvious seems to slip through far too often. But that's just my opinion, brought to you by my happily ad-blocked browser and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see the byline for the Gazzette as "The island's source of misinformation and overpriced real estate".