Wife Wants A Sala

nidge

My wife wants a Sala to put in out front garden. Anyone know where i can get one near Chaiyaphum?

I have been told of a place in Chatturat but if i have a choice of more than one place it would be nice.

If you've already bought one, a pic and price would be greatly appreciated.

Nidge.

My wife wants a Sala to put in out front garden. Anyone know where i can get one near Chaiyaphum?

I have been told of a place in Chatturat but if i have a choice of more than one place it would be nice.

If you've already bought one, a pic and price would be greatly appreciated.

Nidge.

Sorry nidge :o

I dont know what you are talking about. What is a sala ? is it a type of plant? I'm not much of a gardener (or a Thai speaker,assuming it may not be an english word)

Dave

p.s. i hope its not that chappie Bin Laden, I'v been wondering where he's been hiding :D:D:D

Well having spoke to my mates wife:

It is one of those wooden gazebo seating areas that you see for sale on the road side in the back of a pick-up:

They are round and come in many sizes and the prices vary from 15000 bht and up ; They are free standing you walk though a tiny gate up some steps to gain access to the seating area there is a table in the middle and seats at the side very ornate, I would just you consider having one built at your own design as I did:

A sala can also be just a raised floor--- with no seats at all and a roof. My inlaws have a very simple sala with a thatched roof that has lasted for years.

this one is on the water, but obviously jut put it up on stilts and you have the same thing

massage_sala.jpg

A very simple thing to construct really--unless you want something fancier probably cheaper and easier to get a carpenter in.

thanks for all the replies guys. Now i have a vague idea of how much to pay.

I knew what a sala was already and have been looking in my local area for over a year. I am after one of the "all wood" ones similar to the pic Totster posted, rather than a thatched one.

I saw one on the back of a pick-up last time i was home, it drove past me while i was being fined by the police for going through a green light while looking like a farang! I never found the pick up again.

Pa-yak is further than i intend to travel, i like to buy things in the local area so if i have problems in the future it's easier to fix.

I'll try the place in Chatturat when i get home and then post a picture. That way i'm guuaranteed someone will then tell me somewhere i could get one exactly the same for half the price just around the corner from my house. :o

I have seen some just outside Loei that have screening around the whole outside so you can sit in them in the evening without worrying about those pests biting you.

Tsocr

Obviously those pests in Loei are trainees. The pests in Chaiyaphum are trained by ninjas and are fed on kratingdaeng, screens are just a time delay for these buggers!.

• 1 month later...

I just got a Sala in Chatturat, (30km south of Chaiyaphum). They told me i would have to wait 1 week but delivered it after 3 days. I think it looks great. Cost including delivery was 17,000 baht.

post-48222-1200443410_thumb.jpg

My wife also wanted one. It was one of the best things I ever bought. My wife and her friends used to have hen parties in the house but since we have the "hut" they all sit out there and don't even come in the house. It is a simple thing made mostly from bamboo and eucalyptus with a thatched roof. It cost a whopping 1,000 baht.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife also wanted one. It was one of the best things I ever bought. My wife and her friends used to have hen parties in the house but since we have the "hut" they all sit out there and don't even come in the house. It is a simple thing made mostly from bamboo and eucalyptus with a thatched roof. It cost a whopping 1,000 baht.

1,000 Bht !!!! Strewth, any chance of a photo? I'll have a couple of 'em

pip pip

Edited by Jandajoy

1,000 Bht !!!! Strewth, any chance of a photo? I'll have a couple of 'em

pip pip

It's showing its age.

post-17093-1201573639_thumb.jpg

Impressed by the Archa Box decorations. :D

That's one reason I'm no longer allowed to take out the trash. I throw good things away. My wife is tighter than the bark on a tree. She saves everything for an old man who comes around with his little cart. I have to go inside when he comes because I feel sorry that she makes him pay for everything. I'm just happy that he takes our trash.

I had a couple of farang friends up a couple of weeks ago. We managed to go through four boxes of Archa while they were here. BURP indeed. :o

Impressed by the Archa Box decorations. :D

That's one reason I'm no longer allowed to take out the trash. I throw good things away. My wife is tighter than the bark on a tree. She saves everything for an old man who comes around with his little cart. I have to go inside when he comes because I feel sorry that she makes him pay for everything. I'm just happy that he takes our trash.

I had a couple of farang friends up a couple of weeks ago. We managed to go through four boxes of Archa while they were here. BURP indeed. :o

Yes , we save every thing as well. Now and again the wife sees someone who turns up in his truck and takes it all away. He weighs everything and gives a reciept.

The most she ever got was 80 Baht. :D