A Good Utility For Thai Students Who Are Learning English, French, German, Japanese

MyPenRye

I have found what I think is a nice utility/way to help Thais who are trying to read information from English, French, German, or Japanese websites, but who are frustrated because there are too many words they do not understand !

Sure Google and others have browser add-ons that can help, but --to my knowledge-- they do not offer translation services from English, French,... to Thai. Of course, most English, French,... websites do not have a translation feature and rarely a Thai translation feature. It also has a Japanese/French/German to Thai feature for all of those Thais who are trying to learn one or all of those languages!)

This website has created a simple solution and, best of all, it is free (for now :o ) !

This is how it works!

If someone puts the pointer over an English word while reading an English (Japanese,...) website, it should be able to give you in Internet Explorer (and maybe other browsers) a Thai synonym/definition of the word. And, if you are clicking on a link on that website, the new page has that feature as well ! By the way, you will notice that all that one needs to do is to add the English (Japanese,...) website URL to http://dict.longdo.com/popthai-url.php?url= in the URL bar of one's browser. (Again, I have tested this in IE 7 only. Not sure if Firefox, Mozilla and other older versions support this feature completely or seamlessly.)

Click here to see how it works.

Here are some other examples ... WITH THAI LANGUAGE HELP !

Here is the website with more information in THAI.

ENJOY!

BTW, if you know of another way (or a better way), I would appreciate knowing about it !

PS: In IE, it does not seem to work everywhere (forms) !