Korat Bar And Grill

Kegger

My wife is from the province,we would like to move from Canada to Korat. Im semi retiredand not looking to get rich but we do enjoy meeting and talking with people .Well lets be honest I also have been told that I can enjoy a cold pint on a hot day.Good music good pepole thats what lifes about , oh yes did I mention a cold PINT.If anyone has any information to share We would greatly apreciate it,such as if there might be any bars for sale or lease at the present time or of any shop houses that may be for sale or lease.Most importantly if the good people of the korat area would be interested in a new bar and grill. after all its awful lonely having a pint by yourself the wife dosent drink and the boy is to young. Kegger

Hello Kegger and welcome .

You could try going onto Sunbelt asia's site for a list of bar's for sale in Korat . I have not seen any but alway's a possability . Do you want to open a bar for company or income ? Or both ? For company it might become expensive . For income it might be best to find the right location first. Go there , stay there awhile and look around . Take your time . Think about what you plan to grill . The usual North American fare ( Chicken wings , burger's , fries ) probally will not be big seller's in a remote part of town , or any part of town for that matter . But you never know . I say one thing and it usually happen's diferently :o

I will be back in December , I'll have a beer with you .

Cheer's ,

Jeff

Kegger,

having a pint in Korat certainly sounds good to me. I'll come by and buy a few, when I visit my fiances relatives in Korat. I myself am off to Chiang Mai on September 17, leaving the beautiful Okanagan.

Have fun eh

Dietmar

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to read any information on this subject here as it could be of some help to others as well as myself. I would like to thank everyone for the information recived and we look forward to all help and advice we can get. Kegger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, nothing since October.

What happened?

Can anyone list some good (Khorat) bars for expats to meet for a beer and tell a few fibs?

Open air type bars with plenty of fans preferred, for the smokers :D & non-smokers :o among us..... !

Edited by udon

So, nothing since October.

What happened?

Can anyone list some good (Khorat) bars for expats to meet for a beer and tell a few fibs?

Open air type bars with plenty of fans preferred, for the smokers  :D & non-smokers :o among us..... !

Hey Udon and Kegger: I still like the Pasinee Restaurant, 428 Suranaree Road. The owner/operator is Lebanese born and a citizen of Norway. Inside has air con and big screen TV. Upstairs VFW meeting place. Outside, tables chairs for smokers and just watching the world go by. A hospital in the vicinity makes for lots of nurses walking past on their lunch hour strolls. :D Manager's name is Mike so the place is sometime's referred to as "Mike's". He is opening for American Super Bowl on Feb 7, morning at 6 AM.

Directly next door is the Pizza Shop, which is also frequented by the expat community, though my preference is the Pasinee.

A couple more buildings down the road on the corner (opposite 7/11) is a fairly new place run by Jack. He is Thai/American. The Restaurant has lots of fans and open to the street. I also heard he just installed a pool table upstairs.

And a little further down the street is "Friends", run by a Canadian and his wife. A little bit tucked away at the entrance of an Apartment building. He has cold beer and a snooker table.

Edited by Ken

Thanks Ken.

The Pasinee Restaurant, (Mikes) 428 Suranaree Road sounds good to me.

Open in the afternoon?

Eye candy, fresh air, and cold beer..... ya got me.

Only 7 weeks to release date, and counting the hours, minutes.  :D

That virus, or whatever the disease is that's been going around, has hit Korat now and the "pubs" cannot "OPENLY" :D serve alcohol between 2 PM and 5 PM :o . Not a particular problem for me as I live 80 KM out of town, so 2 PM is an ok time to go home. Thus 11 AM to 2 PM works ok for me. But maybe when the elections are over things can get back to normal. We can only hope.