Need A Drink Every Day?

yorkman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few beers just about every day. But since the weather here has picked up. I have found myself drinking more again. Does that make me an alcoholic?

Blaming the climate for your drinking is a huge red flag.

I reckon that the biggest give-away is finding it difficult to stop. Trying stopping randomly for no apparent reason - after the third pint; on Wednesday for a week; half-way through the fourth pint... I would reckon that would be the hardest - to leave half a pint on the bar between the fourth and eighth or thereabouts, and then go home and do something useful or sleep normally.

SC

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few beers just about every day. But since the weather here has picked up. I have found myself drinking more again. Does that make me an alcoholic?

Blaming the climate for your drinking is a huge red flag.

I reckon that the biggest give-away is finding it difficult to stop. Trying stopping randomly for no apparent reason - after the third pint; on Wednesday for a week; half-way through the fourth pint... I would reckon that would be the hardest - to leave half a pint on the bar between the fourth and eighth or thereabouts, and then go home and do something useful or sleep normally.

SC

Agreed.

I only need a few pints, or a bottle of wine to make me merry.

But the point is I can't walk away and I need this every day.

So, I reckon I am an alcoholic. But I am quite cool about this now. This is the way I want to live my life.

I should add I exercise vigorously, eat well, and also work hard to a purpose and have good relationships. If these things were to change maybe that is a different matter.

I confided my addiction to a friend, who said there is a difference between a beer alcoholic and others, and I think I know what he means and agree.