Land Costs For 1 Rai Around Korat And Area

Kegger

:o hello again this is a great forum ,and I really hate to ask such meaningless questions but iseem unabel to find answers on the web.THE wife is not sure of prices of land around Korat as shes from another area of the province.we had bought 1 rai in her village with paved road and water,power for 90,000 baht and built the entire rai yp to road level for an aditional 40,000. I was impressed with the workers and had a party when it was completed.But we have both drsided that small village life was not for us not yet anyway.She likes korat and I do aswell and theres a couple of good schools for our son.Any help on what a fair price might be would be greatly apreciated. we are aware that the prices will be considerably heigher than we paid in the village but our quality of life will be a little better ,buy this I mean we will enjoy a more diverse life style.We wish ever one in this forum all the best and look forward to tossing a few pints with you all soon.Vancouver B.C. canada KEGGER

I can't really speak for the Khorat area but perhaps Surin Province prices may be a rough guide. The prices are not written in stone as the precise location commands varying land prices.

However, as a guide, per rai:

Village paddy (no direct road access) = Bht 15,000 - Bht 20,000

Village paddy (with road access) = Bht 20,000 - Bht 30,000

Paddy inside Amphur boundary (with permission to build) = up to Bht 400,000

Paddy well inside Amphur boundary (with permission to build) = up to Bht 700,000

Addition to the above for land filling and preparation = Bht 100,000 per rai per 1 metre depth (this price varies according to access and how far the clay needs to be transported)

Building land inside city boundary = Bht 1,200,000

Building land inside city = Bht 2,000,000 upwards

Hope this helps as a least a guide.

Cheers

Edited because my maths are bad this morning

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the above info. I am hoping to buy a house in my partner's village early next year. I have been informed to 'keep out of sight' while my partner and his mother select the house as the presence of a farang will inflate the price.

The village is about an hour east of Khon Kaen and I am trying to get an idea of price of a traditional Thai village house, which we can turn into a shop/house.

A friend informed me he and his Thai partner are going to pay 400,000 baht for a place - but that comes with 7 rai of land and the place is surrounded by fruit trees. I don't want extra land - just the land that the house is on?

Any comments welcome.

Addition to the above for land filling and preparation = Bht 100,000 per rai per 1 metre depth (this price varies according to access and how far the clay needs to be transported)

Hand dug? We paid B100k to dig up a one rai pond down to 5 meters depth, spread the soil over 4 rai and to prepare a 3 rai fruit orchard. One excavator, 3 trucks and a bunch of men worked for a week.

Ok, this was not in isaan so maybe it is more expensive up there depending on equipment availability, soil conditions etc.

I think Jay's indication prices are pretty OK.

Add another 25% till 50% for the Korat area ( depending on the location)

Sometimes if the seller is in financial problems, you can have a bargain.

Already mentioned b4 in this forum: check with the banks

Sometimes if the seller is in financial problems, you can have a bargain.

This is true, my brother-in-law has a friend who works at the court in Korat and is always telling us about land that has been signed over as security for loans. If the loan cannot be repaid the land is put up for sale at bargain prices.

I bought my wife 33 Rai for 14,000 Rai, last year the next door plot went for 30,000 Rai. My family already farm the land we purchased so it's productive from day one too :o

I can't really speak for the Khorat area but perhaps Surin Province prices may be a rough guide. The prices are not written in stone as the precise location commands varying land prices.

However, as a guide, per rai:

Village paddy (no direct road access) = Bht 15,000 - Bht 20,000

Village paddy (with road access) = Bht 20,000 - Bht 30,000

Paddy inside Amphur boundary (with permission to build) = up to Bht 400,000

Paddy well inside Amphur boundary (with permission to build) = up to Bht 700,000

Building land inside city boundary = Bht 1,200,000

Building land inside city = Bht 2,000,000 upwards

Hope this helps as a least a guide.

Cheers

Edited because my maths are bad this morning

leave the Mick's outta this Jayenram.