Degree Requirements

ray23

Will an Asociates degree coupled with the TEFL certification, be sufficient to teach english?

To teach legally, no. A teaching license requires a BA or BS, last I heard.

But, I have seen other stuff slip through, and maybe the addition of the TEFL might change things, or at least someone might bend the rules. In my experience, the amount of flexibility of the MoE often depends on your school's relationship with them. Schools they don't like, for whatever the reason...past headaches from the school, not enough 'kriengjai' from the school to the MoE, etc., won't get much slack cut, while other schools get lots...

TiT :o

Ken, I'm not saying that this kind of question should never be asked, but it seems to me to be the kind of thing a FAQ could answer- or a permanent standing thread- something like the "Am I qualified enough" thread. Then anyone who enjoys that sort of conversation could plead their case/brag about their stats as much as they wanted in that thread? I dunno- just seems like a thread where people could say "I have blah blah blah credentials and I want to do blah blah blah" and anyone who cared to answer could help them would be useful? or maybe not. Anyway, seems there are a lot of initial posts like that.

Maybe I'm just blathering!

"Steven"