Thai Election Forces 2-weekend Booze Ban

george

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the joke of all jokes!

When will the people in charge of this country pre and post coup start having a little faith in its population????? It is totally insulting to any Thai to think that their government (elected or otherwise) believes that the main population are such a bunch of immature childish drunkards that they NEED to stop drinking because thats the only way to get them to exercise their democratic right. I am time and time again embarassed for my Thai friends that their government thinks they will all just go out and get paralectic rather than vote. Imagine if the governments in Australia or England imposed such a rule as closing pubs on election day...... just would not happen.

Grow up!!!!!

I don’t think your interpretation of the regulation is correct. I believe the liquor ban is in place to help stop corruption. – It’s supposed to stop political supporters from buying votes by putting on booze parties during elections.

Yes I know, doesn’t matter how one tries to figure it the whole thing is ludicrous to us farang but TiT so grin and bear it!

No no, as I explained earlier, there is a simple answer to the liquor ban.... I believe, it was first introduced by the Thaksin government, because they want people to remember (not be too drunk to remember), who paid them to vote for them. They didn't want their 200 Baht to go right down the drain. LOL

All you boozers and bar owners better hope that there will be no red or yellow cards where you are located.

If so, bi-elections will mean more weekend alchol bans!! :D

Wasn't it in 2001 that we in Chonburi had about 4 by-elections with corresponding dry days for each one? :o:D

Anyway, this time around for this province it won't happen. The provincial clean-sweep by 8 Democrats that won are good to go.

*pedantic edit* I think for bi-elections, they only accept ex-Tiffany employees for candidates, Mobi. :D

Edited by sriracha john