What Will Be The Best Options To Receive Payment ?

MikeRay

We have a bank account in Thailand and I´m not interested in having the money transfered to Germany. The money should stay and be spend in Thailand(Wouldn´t mind somewhere else if possible). Will I (my wife) have to pay tax on this income.How can we do this? We are living full-time in Germany and we won´t be able to go to Thailand every year.What bank should be prefered for e-banking, as I heard of low security standards for e-banking in LOS?

I doubt that Thailand would inform German tax authorities about my wifes income in Thailand ?

It´s really interesting work to do and I´m absolutely not willing to make problems for my wife or me with this.Neither in Germany nor Thailand, so what´s the option ?

We have a bank account in Thailand and I´m not interested in having the money transfered to Germany. The money should stay and be spend in Thailand(Wouldn´t mind somewhere else if possible). Will I (my wife) have to pay tax on this income.How can we do this? We are living full-time in Germany and we won´t be able to go to Thailand every year.What bank should be prefered for e-banking, as I heard of low security standards for e-banking in LOS?

I doubt that Thailand would inform German tax authorities about my wifes income in Thailand ?

It´s really interesting work to do and I´m absolutely not willing to make problems for my wife or me with this.Neither in Germany nor Thailand, so what´s the option ?

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

Your wife will be considered non-resident taxpayer, and will be subject to tax from income from Thailand.

To remove the need to go to the tax office every year, can you ask the company to deduct the tax from your salary and pay the rest to your Thai bank account?

Edit: This is what my employers in Thailand do, although they don't deduct enough so I still have to visit the tax office.

Edited by pete_r

If you are non-resident and the money is earned and comes from a source outside Thailand, I don't think you are liable for income tax, and the link above seems to substantiate this.

I think you are liable on taxes if you bring the earnings into Thailand the same year you earned them. Being paid in Thailand would mean bringing them in immediately!

I´ll do the work from outside Thailand, but I want to get paid in my wifes account in Thailand. I´m a non-resident to Thailand and not even a frequent traveller to Thailand anymore.(hope that will be again)But the money will come from a company in Thailand.

• 3 months later...

I'm not very familiar with thai laws, but what I know is that if you want to avoid tax or other 'problems' in LOS you don't really wanna have 'salary' deposited to a thai bank account regularly (monthly).

Also you don't wanna deposit to Germany so in the end you need a third country account or preferably an offshore account, but if the thai income is paid in THB you might not find it easy to get the employeer to deposit it to offshore...