BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
funfun

Vientiane Laos for Thai Visa

Good to hear this venue still sort of tourist "friendly"

I've never been but I'm considering this location for my next renewal.

One thing I don't know though, is if there are visa agents performing the same type of service provided in Penang, e.g. without having to go in person to the embassy.

Should such agents be available, can anyone recommend one or two of them.

Thanks in advance,

i used this man on //bar link removed//

chris

Thank you FunFun for the very prompt reply.

Any more "subcontractors" in Vientiane, should that one be unavailable?

Hey guys, pls also pm me if you feel the bibs should not be readily be made aware!

Thanks

pomchopkao

No - you have to go in person in Vientiane. I have never heard of, or seen any such service here (am in Vientiane now).

Sorry i not understand your post!

I used a agent there, the link has been removed but basically his no is (020) 5708036 his name is soubin! :o

chris

So you can get an agent to do the leg work for you?You dont have to go to the consulate in person?

I sometimes think theres less problems if they are faced with only a passport.

Also funfun,did you have a few previous tv's before this double entry?

So you can get an agent to do the leg work for you?You dont have to go to the consulate in person?

I sometimes think theres less problems if they are faced with only a passport.

Also funfun,did you have a few previous tv's before this double entry?

sorry for late reply!

well not so much less leg work as he is right outside the consulate/ embassy but yeah i know what you mean, and if ya not there they cant ask any questions!

yep tvs pennang and loas and now first x2

chris

I see no reason why a 'first worlder' or someone holding a passport from one of those countries would even consider using an 'agent' in Vientiane. It is NOT Penang Malaysia by any stretch of the imagination.

I just returned to Bangkok from there Tuesday afternoon getting my education visa and wrote a post here in the forum about my trip;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159442

The Lao people on the street just in front of the Thai Embassy sell the forms, fill them out, make copies, and I believe even have a photo stall there for pictures. DO take an umbrella as they force you to stand in the sun until the embassy gate opens at 8:30, and again the following day until they open at 13:00 to get your passport back. Arrive EARLY, I got there at 7:50 and there were over 20 people in line with close to 150-200 in line by 8:30. Same for picking up your passport the following day, get there early.

Several people who were near me in line were there for tourist visas, and I mentioned they should write next to the Tourist Visa box you check either 'X-2' or '2 Entry'. They were all charged 2000 baht and the next day received their 60 day - double entry tourist visa. one girl from the Philippines in line was only charged 1000 even though she'd written '2 Entry' on the form, but I cannot tell you why.

Every person I spoke to in line who put '2 Entry' was given it without a bank book.

Your results may vary, but that's what happened on Monday the 17th and Tuesday the 18th.

Good Luck. ..

P/S: I attached (or tried to) the correct visa form for use at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, this is the weblink;

http://www.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/img/visa.pdf

Visa_Form_for_Thai_Embassy_in_Vientiane_Lao_PDR.pdf

Edited by tod-daniels

I see no reason why a 'first worlder' or someone holding a passport from one of those countries would even consider using an 'agent' in Vientiane. It is NOT Penang Malaysia by any stretch of the imagination.

I just returned to Bangkok from there Tuesday afternoon getting my education visa and wrote a post here in the forum about my trip;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=159442

The Lao people on the street just in front of the Thai Embassy sell the forms, fill them out, make copies, and I believe even have a photo stall there for pictures. DO take an umbrella as they force you to stand in the sun until the embassy gate opens at 8:30, and again the following day until they open at 13:00 to get your passport back. Arrive EARLY, I got there at 7:50 and there were over 20 people in line with close to 150-200 in line by 8:30. Same for picking up your passport the following day, get there early.

Several people who were near me in line were there for tourist visas, and I mentioned they should write next to the Tourist Visa box you check either 'X-2' or '2 Entry'. They were all charged 2000 baht and the next day received their 60 day - double entry tourist visa. one girl from the Philippines in line was only charged 1000 even though she'd written '2 Entry' on the form, but I cannot tell you why.

Every person I spoke to in line who put '2 Entry' was given it without a bank book.

Your results may vary, but that's what happened on Monday the 17th and Tuesday the 18th.

Good Luck. ..

P/S: I attached (or tried to) the correct visa form for use at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, this is the weblink;

http://www.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/img/visa.pdf

Thanks for that report. If I could add one thing re your comments about arriving early. It's probably better to say 'don't arrive at around the opening time'. I was there a few weeks ago (also got a double entry TV). I arrived at about 10.30 on the first day and there were only 5 or 6 people in front of me to hand in their applications (I downloaded mine from the website as per your link), I had to wait about 45 minutes in the cash office but at least its airconditioned. On the next day I arrived to collect my passport at around 1.20 pm after the rush and there was nobody waiting at all.

You are invariably correct, I didn't even think about arriving LATE, which would have put me there well after the 'rush hour'. Looking back now it makes way more sense if you have the time.

I was unsure how fast I could get from the Thai Embassy in Vientiane after picking up my passport at 13:00 across the border and to Udon for my flight at 17:40 back to Bangkok, so erred on the side of caution.

Tourist Visa x2 received np yesterday. 2000baht.

(I also think its a good idea to go early (if applying for x2), even if later beats the rush hour(s). Personally I was concerned there may be some kind of quota for the day. Although tbh it would seem noone is getting refused at the moment for a double regardless of the time).

Tourist Visa x2 received np yesterday. 2000baht.

(I also think its a good idea to go early (if applying for x2), even if later beats the rush hour(s). Personally I was concerned there may be some kind of quota for the day. Although tbh it would seem noone is getting refused at the moment for a double regardless of the time).

You're probably correct about going early in case they have a quota. I actually went as early as I could - I'd travelled overnight on the bus from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani. The next day I was in a hurry to get to Nong Khai as I wanted to catch the sleeper train to BKK and hadn't booked a ticket but I got 'delayed' talking to a cute Laos girl in a restaurant, I nearly didn't make it at all......... Would I have been able to pick up my passport a day later in that case I wonder ?

No - you have to go in person in Vientiane. I have never heard of, or seen any such service here (am in Vientiane now).

Sorry i not understand your post!

I used a agent there, the link has been removed but basically his no is (020) 5708036 his name is soubin! :o

chris

That was very dodgy mate! _ yes, you got away with it, but I did see some African gentlmen and Phillipinos plus Caucasians get asked to "step inside" (that only covered building to the left as you enter) as they were not there in person. How they knew - I know not. But it is definately bad form to suggest using the guys outside the place to do your work for you. Definately....NO!!!!!!

one girl from the Philippines in line was only charged 1000 even though she'd written '2 Entry' on the form, but I cannot tell you why.

I wonder why she paid 1000. Usually Filipinos and all other ASEAN citizens don't pay for a tourist visa or a Laos visa.

Great thread, it has answered almost all my questions...im almost due as my tourist visa's expired a few days ago and i just got a local immigration extension...now most of the successful applications on here were by people with new(clean) passports....i have 2x double entry tourist visa's in my passport already...so total of 4 entries, plus extension stamps...will this lower my chances of getting another Double Entry when applying in Laos?

Do any of the guys on here who have just receieved TV's from lao have previous TV's in theyre passport?

Any help much appreciated

Great thread, it has answered almost all my questions...im almost due as my tourist visa's expired a few days ago and i just got a local immigration extension...now most of the successful applications on here were by people with new(clean) passports....i have 2x double entry tourist visa's in my passport already...so total of 4 entries, plus extension stamps...will this lower my chances of getting another Double Entry when applying in Laos?

Do any of the guys on here who have just receieved TV's from lao have previous TV's in theyre passport?

Any help much appreciated

I had 20 months worth of TVs and visa exempts (including one triple entry TV) and they gave me a double entry TV with no questions asked.