Vientiane Laos for Thai Visa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lao Visa Prices

The 30 day visa on arrival in the Lao PDR is available at all ports of entry in Laos including the airports of the main cities. Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Pakse. You should try to have one photo. Visa cost ranges from $20 (China) to $42 (Canada). Sweden is $31, $35 for the USA, UK and most of Europe, $40 for India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and $30 for Australia and other countries. The full list is on display at the Visa Application window. Japanese visitors to Lao no longer need a visa and ASEAN country passport holders should not have to pay for a 15 day entry stamp. But you don't argue with an immigration official, even if you think he may be putting the money in his pocket!

US dollars in smaller denominations can be used freely in much of Laos, so try to arrive with enough US$ notes for your visa. Thai currency (baht) can also be used in Lao, but 1500 baht for a Lao visa for is expensive (bad exchange rate at Lao Immigration!).

Source: http://www.retire-asia.com/lao-visa-on-arrival-30-days.shtml

Lao Visa Prices

The 30 day visa on arrival in the Lao PDR is available at all ports of entry in Laos including the airports of the main cities. Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Pakse. You should try to have one photo. Visa cost ranges from $20 (China) to $42 (Canada). Sweden is $31, $35 for the USA, UK and most of Europe, $40 for India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and $30 for Australia and other countries. The full list is on display at the Visa Application window. Japanese visitors to Lao no longer need a visa and ASEAN country passport holders should not have to pay for a 15 day entry stamp. But you don't argue with an immigration official, even if you think he may be putting the money in his pocket!

US dollars in smaller denominations can be used freely in much of Laos, so try to arrive with enough US$ notes for your visa. Thai currency (baht) can also be used in Lao, but 1500 baht for a Lao visa for is expensive (bad exchange rate at Lao Immigration!).

Source: http://www.retire-asia.com/lao-visa-on-arrival-30-days.shtml

Thank you Gungadin and plenty of information on that site also. :)

Hi All,

Sorry not replying to a couple of members posts from an original post of mine....but been really tied up me wifes mum recently died so been having to sort all that out....I never received the red stamp just got refused...had 5 back to backs in passport....also if any one does get refused..PM me as a tuk tuk friend of mine as a contact who can gurantee a double entry for 8,000 baht....I ended up going to Perth and got a multi entry 1 yr non o so i'm good now till august 2011..so happy days.

Regards

Block

So.......

its time again for me to get a non immigrant multiple B, last year much to everyones amazement i was fortunate enough to be issued one of these from the embassy in Laos as we were visiting there and it saved a trip to KL.

Going there again for a couple of weeks holiday the month after next and will need to apply again. Given the fact that i have a work permit, all the required paperwork and had been granted a multiple there last time I had not considered that there would be a problem.

However a glance through this thread (why isn't it a sticky by the way) saw that someone had stated that the official policy there is that they do not issue multiples at all, is there any substance to this as the application forms still have that choice and as long as the paperwork is correct ............

Really dont want to have to go to KL as well!