Correct Placement Buddha Images

rcjoop

We will start building our new house next month and it also has a Buddha room. It is not clear (for me) where the images should be placed, mostly antique bronze, medium size.

The door will be in the north wall, as I understand it the south wall, where the Buddha images face the opening door, is not correct. That leaves east facing west or the other way around.

I know my partner should perhaps be able to answer this, but she is rather vague about it so I guess she does not know, but thinks it is important. The choice will impact the placement of the door so I would like to know.

Thanks, Joop

The usual placement in a temple is facing the door at the opposite end (more or less as sometimes there is space behind the Buddha image) and raised up. This placement is more culturally determined than by what the Buddha taught.....actually the Buddha never mentioned having Buddha statues but it is clear from his teachings (in my view) that they are ok to have. While Asian people probably prefer whatever their cultural heritage traditionally uses, westerners often just consider that the statue should be in a respectful place....your definition of "respectful" is probaly all it takes although you might want to consider who all else might want to use it.

Chownah

It was also my impression that the Buddha images should face east. The wife however found someone that has some function at a wat and he says it should be the other way around.

I am getting more confused, we also have a small booklet with all kind of recommendations of Buddha room, house position on a plot etc. but as my Thai is not good enough to read and be sure about things like “position in the east” or “face east” I will post a scan here if it works.

http://www.schillemans.net/chiangmai/placement.jpg

Perhaps it should be posted in the language forum but can anyone translate this for me?

Thanks again, Joop

placement.jpg

It was also my impression that the Buddha images should face east. The wife however found someone that has some function at a wat and he says it should be the other way around.

I am getting more confused, we also have a small booklet with all kind of recommendations of Buddha room, house position on a plot etc. but as my Thai is not good enough to read and be sure about things like “position in the east” or “face east” I will post a scan here if it works.

Perhaps it should be posted in the language forum but can anyone translate this for me?

Thanks again, Joop

placement.jpg

The diagram suggests that north and east are 'good' directions to face, while west and south are 'not good'.

I am getting more confused, we also have a small booklet with all kind of recommendations of Buddha room, house position on a plot etc. but as my Thai is not good enough to read and be sure about things like "position in the east" or "face east" I will post a scan here if it works.

Thanks again, Joop

placement.jpg

For 2 story house Hong Pra must always stay the the top floor. Also you have to seperate the lord Buddha statue out of the rest (Brahman gods, holy monks statue, kings staue or pictures). The lord Buddha staue must be place highest on Toh Boo Bucha (table to place the statues) not lace every thing on the same level. Buddha statue, Brahman gods, holy monks and then the king picture or staue in this order...but check this on your wife first i'm not sure for this. Or ask a monk for it this is certain correct.

The east is the best sidebut if you can by any way the north are allow as well (only if you have no any choice). South and west is not good cause it bring unlucky things for the owners of the house.

Here are some tips

http://www.homedd.com/HomeddWeb/homedd/hom..._fengsui_36.jsp

1 Hong Pra must always be on the top floor. You can make a room on ground level too but it's if you do make sure the upper room from Hong Pra cat be a bathroom, bed room or what so ever this room is not allow to enter cause you're then putting your feet in this room down below the statue. Feet is low and Buddha is highest, you know the picture.

2 Dont make Hong Pra next to the bathroom. Except if you dont have any choice left to do so must never put the statue on the wall that share with the bathroom. Put a big closet or something to cut the closeness of the wall and the space between Toh Moo Bucha.

3 Hong Pra should be locate on a quite corner. Where there's no chaos create like for an exmple not close to your entertainment room (noises).

4 If Hong Pra is next to your bed room should consider where your bed position are towards the room. For instance dont put your bed end opposite the Buddha room cause you then will pointing your feet out at that direction. Also dont place your bed (headboard) on the same wall as your Toh Moo Bucha (tale to place the statues).

5 Hong Pra cant be lower then any room this go for a house with levels. Specially on bedroom which can be higher then Hong Pra because peoples are not allow to sleep upper the Buddha. If only the higher room use as attic or storage then it's okay.

6 Should Hong Pra be in the front or the back of the house? In feng Shui scription didnt really mentioned but many people do put the room at the back because of quietness. Room on the front will bring good luck, wealth and on out back of the house is to bring charms to you, you will be loved by others.