Thailand To Bid For 2016 Games?

george

law phoo chai is transliterated/translated for handsome man. meemiathai transliterated/translated "have wife thai" is pidgin thai/english? i guess i speak pidgin english/thai (meethaimia). mods please change my nick to confirm to forum rules per nick "meadish sweetball'. back to the original thread olympics in thailand. i want to go for the gold, handsome man and pretty ladies in the 100min butterfly event. :o

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What does it take to host an Olympic venue? A strong sense of nationalism and the resolve to spend the money to scratch that itch on the international theatre. Does anyone really doubt that the Thai can get behind a long term project if it will show great face on the international scene?"

it takes a lot more than that. What sports would Thailand even compete in (I'll leave out patpong jokes for now). You'd need more than 10 or 15 athletes to compete. There is no sports program in Thailand at all, not even for football. There are more people here than in England, why is there not even ONE serious football league here, let alone several tiers (no, bangkok bank vs. bangkok university is not a serious league). Imagine the Thai football team (automatic entry for host nation) vs. Brazil? that would be a boon for thai nationalist spirit.

besides that , how many events would be postponed or cancelled because no athletes showed up on time due to traffic? or swimming events with only one particpant because everyone else was late.

you'd have to literally pave over bangkok in its entirety and try again. the only reason tourists have positive things to say about bangkok is because it is so different than anything else they have experienced and have the pleasure of leaving after a few days. and since they are not on a tight schedule such as they are at home, everything is fine.

like most projects in thailand, this one is starting at step ten rather than step one and there is no appreciation for what is entailed or how to get it done.